Shaker 500 ford mustang

Username: Jgbuzzin

Post Number: 1
Hi, i have an 06 mustang with the shaker 500 stereo in it. At low volume levels, it sounds great, but the more you turn it up, the weaker the bass gets. It has a compression setting on it for cd's to 'level out' the sound, but its still cheesy. anyone have the same thing, that has managed to find the key to making it work better? Is the weakness in the head unit, the amps, subs, or is there some sort of outside controller in charge of what the amps amplify? I traded in a stratus for this car, and i must say, at higher volumes, the factory upgraded dodge radio whopped the ford.

Bronze Member
Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 40
I had the shaker 1000 in my 06 GT and ripped it all out...everything is a weakness when it comes to stock audio components, should have saved your money and just bought all aftermarket stuff, trust me my car sounds WAY better with 1100 REAL watts of power...Directed 1100D bass amp, Directed 4200 mids/highs amp, Alpine type R components, And 1 12" Alpine type X sub in a small sealed enclosure, all for about 1,200 dollars minus my 1,900 dollar DVD Alpine head-unit.

Silver Member
Username: Sweatyogre

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 165
Sorry man, but any factory system isn't going to be worth keeping. At least every factory system I've seen, even the high end ones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us