Something doesn't sound right

Bronze Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 23
ok i have been lookin at takin the back seats out of my stang and putting this in and getting it cut for a 15" sub

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-04-Mustang-rear-seat-delete-kits-coupe-or-vert _W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQihZ003QQitemZ130048539076QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZW DVW

and i emailed the guy to ask if he had a box that attached onto the back and he said i dont need a box and most people dont put a box and jus leave the sub sittin there

will that really sound good cus i dont see how it would....

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3006
dont go free air unless u have a free air sub but then again in abox still sounds better not sure if i got ur question correct but thats my answer to through my interpratation

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 823
yeah man, jus build a box to screw onto the back of it, and use tha piece hes sendin u as the front baffle. I think that would work.

Bronze Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 24
ya thats wut i thought but i wus jus makin sure i wusnt missing something here

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1188
In order for a speaker to mainatin volume down low (below 80 Hz) it would have to have a high Qts (above 60) prefferably about 70-90 for subs in a convertible.

High Qts drivers do not require a box to create large wavelengths. If you do install these drivers in a box you will not neccerarily ruin the sound. It will definetly improve bass but not as much as it would if you compared it to a low Qts driver in a box.

Low Qts drivers depend heavily on a box to mainatin bass volume. High Qts drivers dont as much. :-)

I wouldnt say that a high Qts driver without a box sounds as good as a low Qts driver in a box. High Qts drivers are designed with lack of space in mind thats all.

I would definetly check the specs to see if thses subs have a High Qts. If they dont, I wouldnt bother. Also check the Vas (the lower the better, below 1 CF* or 28 Liters). A high Vas means that the sub requires a large box. If the sub has a high Qts and a high Vas, it requires a large box to make a real life difference between the two. So it may not even pay to puit it in a box after all, lol. If it has a low high Qts and a low Vas, you win. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1189
Ha Ha Ha Ha HA hA

These are just rear seats. There is no speakers at all. It is just a cookie cutter board with carpet.

"The pictures are for demonstration puposes only. Speakers, Nitrous bottle and Amp are not included in this auction."

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us