Pioneer problem

Username: Jwa

Post Number: 1
hay guys im new on this thing...anyway...to the point i have 2 pioneer 400wrms 12" subs single voice coils and they are 4ohms each...them i have a rockford fosgate p3001 amp..putting out 300wrms at 2 ohms in 1 channel...

how do i bridge my subs to run at 2ohms?can i?

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1101
Technically you dont bridge subs, you bridge an amp. Anyway, to hook up the subs so that they show 2ohms,you should run them parallel...in other wordshave a wire from the + on the amp to the + of each sub, and a wire from the - of the amp to the - of each sub. in other words, you will have 2 wires coming out of the + side if the amp, and 2 wires coming out of the - side of the amp. connect one positive wire to each sub, and one negative wire to each sub. this will pull out 300watts, however, since you are using 2 subs, each sub will only see 150 watts each, What you really need is a n amp that will give you 800watts rms at 2ohms so that when you split it, you will be giving each sub 400 watts. Only 150 watts each is underpowering them, and may cause clipping. Hope that straightens things up for you. I am not the best guy on here to ask this, so you may want to wait and see if others agree with me.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1102
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=SVC4

go here and maybe this diagram will help.

Post Number: 2
chers man that did explain alot...it was ok when i had just my tsw306 dvc poineer sub with this amp..just that i was given 2 12" premier poineer subs for free and wanted to see if i could hook them up the same...using the same wiring as the dual voice coil on the two seperate single voice coil subs...and i just read that the p3001 amp puts out 2 channels at 150wrms at 4ohms...i was just trying to keep the 300w thing going..what would sound better the 2 premiers or the single w306dvc?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3396
which premier model??

the TS306DVC pound, the premier ones are better built. The 126DVC model. They're very similar but i'd prefer two subs instead of 1

Bay of plentyNew zealand

Post Number: 3
the premiers are only single voil coil..my ts306dvc smashed my mates 15" rockford..and if i bought another ts306dvc would i have 2 get another amp or can i run them both a 2ohms off the p3001 in series?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us