Rich Kids, New Speaks...

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 223
This kid at my school wants to buy a new system for his 05' Charger. He said he's probably spending around $2500 on everything... When I asked what he's getting, he said 2 JL 12w3's. LOL. I told him I could get him stuff with that money that would blow those away. He wants to buy local so I told him to do the Boston Acoustic G5's, but he's stuck on the JL's, they're reputation is too good lol. It's all people think of when you say "car audio".

Sad

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2068
Let him, it will just be one more you will be louder than. Too bad not everyone thought that way it would be much easier to be the worlds loudest, lmfao.. Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 192
lol yea if hes spending 2500 for a system consisting of 2 12w3s he better have an in dash tv or some awesome comps or something to balance it out.

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 226
LOL, by awesome comps your'e talking about the Rainbow's with the $10000 MSRP right? lol Thats exactly what I was thinking as far as being louder then him. I wouldn't hook him up with anything better then mine, just something better then the w3's.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA

Post Number: 2324
lol
sneeky ask him if he wants to buy my treo

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 227
Yo, that's a good idea.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2467
LOL its these kind of people who make me laugh, like i know a kid at my school who has 2 12w3's and he thought he was the coolest person ever cause he had JL, so one day i listen to it and it was a good sql setup, and hes all bragging say he spent like $250 a sub or something like that, then i let him listen to my system, and omg the look on his face was priceless, he was blown away then hes like man those subs must of cost a fortune and i was like nope $105 a piece, LOL i thought the kid was gonna faint it was pretty funny.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 586
how the hell did you get 2 15 inch atlas's for 105 a piece??????????

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2468
i got them back when AA was selling off the old xbl2 subs for real cheap, it was $100 for a 12 and $105 for a 15, very very good deal, i think it was like $240 total shipped.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 588
damnnnnnnnnnnn that sounds very nice........wanna sell em to me for 220 shipped or trade for an arsenal 12 and some dough????????????

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2469
LOL na i'll have to pass, i love these to much to get rid of them allready, the best sq sub i've ever heared.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 589
damn you..........i hate you haha jk

but seriously I will kill you

anyhow well have fun with em then since you wont share the wealth prik lol

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 754
Tell him goodluck with that system in that charger...the seat does not fold down in the back.I was working on one last weekend in order to get the bass into the cab you have to make a port in the deck or seat...which requires some extensive modding.I highly doubt he's ready to cut up his charger for his system.Even if he does get really loud subs he will still have a flat sound because they have to go through way too much insulation/resistance(Fabric) to get into the cab unless he ports it,again which will require cutting of his back seat or rear windshield deck,also the rear fill has to come out for sure because the subs will conflict the speakers so bad and make it sound horrible.All in all the chargers are a pain in the azz to make sound good in an SQ or SQL set up involving a sub.

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 238
^^^
True, Rob you know how to install a box where you run the port through the rear deck?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9790
@ least he could have gotten the highest model JL subs 13w7 & 2 1000/1 amps .......}

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 756
^WTF?!?!!!!? Well I'm not sure if all of the chargers come with them but...the charger I worked on had a stock 8'' subwoofer.You can remove that subwoofer then cut out that area of the deck and port it where the 8'' woofer was.The problem is that where the stock woofer existed it is off to the left of the deck if you are looking through the front windshield of the vehicle,the problem here is your port would be off-center,personally that wouldn't bother me but to some people it would.You're going to have to pull off a bit of liner from the inside of the trunk area under the deck for your bass to come in.You could also cut some of the seat out but becareful not to go too deep into the cab from the trunk because you don't want the back seat to sink in when someone sits there.Also there isn't a lot of clearance for Xmax with the sub facing up so a box with the sub facing the license plate is a better idea.You should try to make the box small enough so that you can fully open the spair tire compartment as well but if you don't care about that then you have a lot more room to work with.

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 247
I'm talking like having the sub facing the back of the seat and cutting out the center of the rear deck so that the air from the port and all the bass comes straight into the cabin... You get that I'm saying... Not for a charger, just for any car in general. You know how to do that?

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2474
idk if this helps but my friend has a mustang and he just took out the rear deck completley, the port idea should work it would just take a lot of customizing, and trevor where in ohio do u live, im in the morthwest corner kinda close to toledo just wondering.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 590
yeah im right next to bowling green........about 20 miles from toledo myself.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 592
hey neo, you wouldnt happen to have anything lyin around that you dont want or need for sale would ya........it would be a really easy deal if you had some stuff to sell me like those atlas's haha(not really the atlas's) but anything else by chance??????

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2476
well all i have right now is a dual 10inch bandpass box and a 10inch advent sub that i would be willing to sell, other than that all the car audio stuff i have is being used, do you go to BG i know a couple of ppl who are going there right now, and have you ever heared of bryan ohio i live like 15min away from there its the biggest town around.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 596
no i go to owens community college but also have a lot of friends goin to bgsu, I went to otsego for high school and just graduated this past year. I remember watching you guys kick our arsses in basketball sectional in like 2000 though.......so yeha I know where bryan is.

alright thats cool for the not having anything for sale, but do any of your friends want anything?????? I got some pretty nice tens(3) that would sound really nice for someone just beggin to be used. only askin 175 plus ship maybe 165....... I can get pics if any of them are interested.....

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2479
for real my brother might be lookin for some 10's to replace his cvr's with, what are they, and what the rms on em, and i don't go to bryan its just the biggest town around i acutally go to montpelier, which sucks at all sports LOL i've heared of otsego but have no clue where the fvcck it is.LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
trevor what are you lookin for?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 599
Im not particularly lookin for anything but if you have something that catches my attention I might buy.......... and neo hang on I will get a link up to them........

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 600
http://toledo.craigslist.org/ele/221142854.html

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 603
hey whered you guys go?????? i feel so left out

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
i have some w3s, which everybody in here is bashing for sale lol. theyre on ebay ill send ya a link if you want

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 608
nahh man sorry......dont need those right now........I saw them on the thread you posted and its a good deal, but not for me right now but thanx

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1146
is sum1 gonna explain rovins post i think he was talkin bout a 13 W7 an 2 jl 1000s or somthine i dunno
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us