Whats wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 151
ok my amp is all set up and the levels are down and everything but it will get kinda loud when my volume is u to 29 it goes up to 34 but if it plays for a bout 45 seconda it will blow the fuses most of the time and sometimes shut off the amp.. but it will come back on.. so i dont see what the prob could be cuz none of my friends have this problem with there systems but theres arent as loud .. lol almost but i have a 9102 kenwood amp 1700 max 850 rms.. i want it to be louder and not blow the fuses.. and yes i know kenwood is bad but i just bouhjt it like a month ago because im dumb and only turning 17 lol... im sick of blowing my fuses i know it would be way louder if i could turn it up and turn the amp up well plz give me some info so i cn listen to my system a lil louder thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 51
Your amp is unstable @ whatever ohm you have it operating @. What type of speakers do you have? how many ohm's? What is their RMS power? Also, Kenwood used to be really good about ten years ago, I don't know why they are putting out so much trash now.

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 52
It's only stable @ 2 ohms, and you probably have your subs wired down to 1 ohm. I am almost positive that is what your problem is.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3183
that amp is only 2 ohm stable so if you have dual 4 ohm subs, you prob have the ohm load to low.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 152
i have 2 kicker comp vr 10inch there 4 ohm each and i dont have them bridged on my amp so how would i be having a 2 ohm load if its not bridged? my bass boost is all the way down and my low pass thing is all the way up it was like that when i bought it and the other level thing is half way its all how i bought it i dodnt change anything so i dont know what else it could be? so tell me why plz give mre info

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1227
r they duel 2 or 4?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 153
im pretty sure ther dual 4 .. why ?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 645
if there dual 4 you probly have them hooked up at 1 ohm and that amps not stable at 1 ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 3186
can not run a mono amp bridged, even if it has 2 terminals it is seeing the ohm load as 1 terminal. so the amp is prob seeing a 1 ohm load on it. The 2 terminals are there to make it easier to wire up

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 155
so my amp is really a mono amp? and how would i wire it up to make it be loud and not blow the fuses ? it plays for hours when the voolume isnt hi but when i turn it up and it plays for about 10 sec on volume 30 it will blow them... so how could i hook them up without blowing my fuses?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3374
series

Gold Member

Post Number: 3192
series/parralal, will be running 4 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Shelbycj

Shellbyville, Kentucky Usa

Post Number: 12
what size fuse do u have

Bronze Member
Username: Shelbycj

Shellbyville, Kentucky Usa

Post Number: 13
try to get a 40 amp fuse i had the same promblem or if you want to take a risk hook the power cord straight to the amp or does the amp have a fuse on it

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1233
Do not listen to chris. You need to wire your subs to a 4 ohm load.
So it will be 500x1 at 4 ohms
or 850 at 2 ohms.
Your subs are 300wrms each. So hook up the subs so they are at 4 ohm load giving each sub 250wrms.
Your other option is a diffrent Amp/sub combo.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 156
ok thanx but it aint gonna be as loud at 4 ohms will it? and no ure not suposed to put a diff rated fuse in your amp chris ive had a millio ppl tell me not to.. and if i hook my speakers up to the 2 ohm load how would that work.. would it be better than 4 ohms ?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1239
Mike, did you look at the link I posted?
Your 2 duel 4 ohm subs can ONLY be wired at 1 ohm, (Which your amp does not suport)}, Or 4 ohms. There are no other choices for you.
Correction, Your other option is a diffrent Amp/sub combo

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 157
so i can wire them up to 4 ohms..corect? and if i would have known that b4 i would have not bought that amp but i will be getting some fi.q subs pretty soon when i get some extra money but eventually i will get a new amp to so if i can wire them up to 4 ohms for now that will be cool but i dont think it will be that loud as it was..

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 642
But at least it will not be blowing fuses right?
So wire those mothers to a 4ohm load and run a safe operation. Later save some money and step it up:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us