Someone design a big box for me...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 455
42.5 wide X 23 tall X 28 deep.

for 4 15" Fi SSDs.

subs UP, port back or up (preferably back, but doesnt really matter).

i just need something to go by to cut my wood and how to build such a large port. theres enough room for everything but with the port it slims down the space by alot but this is gonna happen...

thanks in advance...

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
oh im sorry, im going for a low tune, something like 28-30hz... email box designs to tremor1127@budlight.com

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3791
that box would only be ~13.5cuft gross...that alil small for 4 15's.

Can you go alil bigger? 14.5cuft+ would be better.

Or you may wanna try 3 15's.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4953
or stuff the box with fiberfill and your problems are solved....ill get the link for the amounts and results

Gold Member

Post Number: 4954
here you go....

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
i can go taller and that is it... it must stay 42.5 wide and 28 deep...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4955
marshall's conversion for cubic feet are without dividers and as you know without subwoofer displacements. But if you use the website I gave you as rough guestimate and add fiberfill a little at a time you should get the tuning you want. I would use a test tone cd to find your boxes true tuning and as you add more fiberfill the tuning will drop lower.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4956
in your case youll want to keep this comment in mind...

"In each case, the news was good � make that very good. With all three boxes, I enjoyed roughly 25 to 35 percent of "space gain" by using stuffing at a rate of 1 to 1.75 pounds per cubic foot of internal volume."

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
i dont really want any of that in my box, like i said i can go taller, so...

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
anyone?

42.5 wide, 28 deep and 23 tall... i know its a tad bit small but it will still work...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4977
thats almost 3.38 cubic feet per subwoofer without subwoofer dispacements or ports...that is also without any dividers in the box....that box size can work...if thats all your subs call for...if not you can stuff the box ....there is nothingto fear with adding it just place it in with staple as a temporary thing that way you can take it out if you dont like it but if it works youll be glad you tried it

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
do you just staple the polyfil in there anyways or do people just put it in there, wouldnt it blow out the port?

either way, i will do a box the same dimensions for just 3 of them if i have to...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4978
they make padding instead of the loose form...I used the padded form and glued it in with sealer but that is permanent and will not blow out...if you staple it in it will be fixed in but not permanent that way you can see if you like it in there or not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us