I use a MTX TC8001 Class D Mono 2400Watt max Amp and it overheats about every 30mins. So i called MTX and they trouble shot me for about 2 hours after that they said that my car battery is not big enough because its like a 60$ battery so they gave me a link to the battery i would need for my amp which is like 300$. They say that when my lights dim everytime my bass hits it is because it does not have enough power... This IS true i no but would that cause the overheating?
To answer your question. Yes, It would cause overheating cause your amp is trying to pull current that your battery cannot provide. So your amp is working harder than its supposed to. This causes clipping which sends a dirty signal and can blow your amp or subs. Your subs are rated at 500rms a piece so. you really need a better battery. and a bigger amp.
well ty for that info man i appreciate it.. that sux tho that amps about 500$ lol hmmm yea i am givin them about 400watts each so im underpowering them but they still shake my car lol i am getting a Kinetic Battery HC800 Mtx said that should fix my problem
chase, what HU do you have cuz the gain at 50% can be high and that can cause clipping
I do not recommend using the bass boost, it sounds peaky and it tends to blow subs. If you want to use it then find a way to control it with the gain (adjusting it again) in order to protect your subs.