Fi vs. Dd

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 432
what Fi subs compair to DD?? by the way im looking to get a straight spl setup. my goal is to break 150 with 1 15" and about 2500rms (orion 2500d) if ya got any suggestions that would be great. im leaning twards the BTL.... would that be my best choice??

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2846
if u want a btl a 9500 would match it. I have not heard the btl but have heard the 9500 so just going by assuming. But i woul deam that they would be really close and that the 9500 would sound better.

but then u could go with the 9900 and that would take the btl cause it just starts to shine with around 6krms

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6862
couldn't have said it better myself charlie. btl is spl oriented so the sq isn't that great. i've heard a couple of dd9515 at a comp and it sounds clean and loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
i really dont care about sq considering ill probly tune my box really high.... but for the $$ u think the btl would be my best shot?? also do you think 150db is a reasonable goal for a btl on 2500rms?? also how big should my box be?? i could fit about 5-6 cu ft....also correct me if im rong but to get my resonant freq. i should build a .707 cu ft sealed box and play a sweep and whatever freq. hits the loudest is what i tune my box to???? i wanna win some comps soo any other tips would be appreciated!!

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6864
for the money you can't go wrong with a btl. i love the price. the sq isn't all that bad either. you forget about the sq when you hear how loud it gets.

Silver Member

Post Number: 434
150 db a reasonable goal given a decent install???
i got a 92 caddy deville and im getting a 250a alt and a kinetik 1400 with 1/0 g wire

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2253
150db in a trunk would be real hard to get.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6865
adam i will be entering a comp this coming sunday and i will tell you what i hit.

i have 2 btl 15s with 2 orion 2500d in the backseat area.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9659
i expect chad 2 be up in the mid 140s seeing that his box is like 5ft from his dash -lol

but rust me 150s is NOT an easy task cause last night i was @ an iasca event in my country & it took alot of subs & power even with a good install 2 do that number .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us