OT: Exhuast system

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1360
Can somebody help me find an exhuast system for a 2007 Hyundai Accent..Ive searched for days and have had no luck.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1496
This is the second time you've posted exhaust question but now for a different car.. your best bet is to wait and see what car you actually end up with and worry about finding an exhaust then..

If you can find one go to a local muffler shop and get a quote.. $150-$300 depending on muffler selection.. size of tubing/bends .. amount of tubing.. ect .. just get a quote.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1363
well im pretty shure im gettin this car...its pretty cheap so this is prolly the ride..and i want a nice tuner exhuast because i love the sound...if i buy the "can" part will they weld it on?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1497
Yea.. it will be cheap too. I fortunatly have access to a welder and know how to weld so its not big thing but I'm sure you could get it done for less than $50 for just a muffler swap if you brought the muffler. My car was equiped with a resonant which is like another muffler that sits behind the cat. That has to be removed as well if it has one.. otherwise it would be pointless putting a different muffler because it would not change anything. I cut my muffler out and it was still quite because of the resonantor.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1364
so if i bought like a tip like this they would they take out the one behind the cat and just weld this to the end?Would it still have the tuner sound too?http://www.hopupracing.com/5zbo304maxun1.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1498
thats not a tip.. that is the muffler.. and yes but there is no way i'd spend that much for a muffler.. ebay one for like 30 bucks.. just get rid of the resonator (if that applies) and stock muffler and have them weld that new muffler in.. or whatever you choose.....

now if you want to do it the cheap way.. unbolt the pipe after your CAT and tie it up with some wire.. youll be running straight pipes after that CAT because there will be nothing connected to it and youll have that sound your looking for.. just hook it back up for inspection :-)

or do like me and weld straight pipes from the CAT back with with no muffler at all.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1367
y would i have to get it inspected?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1500
we have state inspection where i live.. if you do not have to worry about that then why would you even run a muffler.. matter of fact.. if you don't have state inspections get rid of the CAT and then run straight pipes to your muffler.. will be a lot louder :-)

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1369
well idk if we do but a kid at our school did that and he got a ticket for it and then he had to get it fixed in a certain amount of time.

Bronze Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Post Number: 61
if you dont run the cat you will have to figure out how to trick the O2 sensors. i dont know about the hyundai (i personally hate the pieces of plastic that need the warrenty every five days or so) but my accord has an 02 sensor going directly into the cat so i had to buy trick sensors. and that thing has a puny engine that is gonna sound like a bee on crack. peace

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1371
lol...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us