Hey LOGAN...

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 168
do you have any pics of your SD2.5's? What are you powering them with?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2229
i have pics of them. no amp yet. waiting on a kicker kx 12OO.1 from mick. i have them hooked up to a friends memphis prd 1OOO.1 and they pound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Do you have the exact specs for them yet? And another question, why did you recommend that kx1200.1 instead of lets see, two 600 watt amps?

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2230
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2231
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2232
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2233
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
How's the excursion on those things? Man, I'm so freaking anxious to buy the other and get them installed!

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2234
ops^^that pic isnt supposed to be there. I thought it would be easier to use 1 amp instead of 2. also, what do you mean by exact specs?

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2235
when i had one hooked up to my JBL GTO6O1.1II, it had some nice excursion. i just cant wait to get my kicker.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
Like honestly, I already purchased one of the subs, and I don't know even know how many Ohms they are. When I said exact specs, I meant a more specific spec sheet than what they offer online

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2237
they are dual 4ohm, 5OOrms but DJ from audioque said they can take 1OOOrms if your careful.

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2238
lol. i hoped that helped a little. if you had specific questions i might be a little more helpful.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Oh ok, that's good enough! So honestly, a 1500-2000 watt mono/ 1ohm stable amp might be good enough for it?

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2273
I wouldnt go 2OOO, i would go 15OO.

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2274
just keep the gain and the bass boost down low, because thats what kills subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Really? Honestly, I thought whenever you turned the gains and the bass boost UP, that's when you get the full wattage of the amp. I need to be schooled more! lol Around here, every one I know thinks that SUPER LOUD is the thing to go for. I was always taught to keep the Bass Boost all the way up and the gain Half Way. I just learned that the gain is supposed to be aligned with how ever many Volts your preouts are on your HU, right? Anyway, these are the same guys who taught me that Rockford Fosgate, Audiobahn, Kicker (Comp Series, not squares), and get this CRUNCH, are the best SUBS known to man! lol I need to be re-enlightened!

Gold Member

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2277
lol. You are right about gain and the HU voltage. But never turn you bass boost all the way up. It is horrible on your subs. Alot of people dont use the bass boost. Actually i would not turn the Bass boost up more than 1/4 of the way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us