Metered with new amp

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1514
I've still got to do some ajusting but I managed to pull a 146.1 @ 42hz with my RE 35.1 installed. That is a 0.8dB gain over my other amp. I'm hoping to get a little more gain just out of some ajustments..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1515
Heh.. I just realized this but because I forgot my paper with all my amp settings.. ie what was written on the amp before I painted it.

long story stort.. I hooked up the amp without knowing which knob did what and which speaker output was + or -.. I did well considering but my sub was hooked up backwards lol..

Sub is wired for a 1 ohm load.. had the + coil wire to the - on the amp and the - wired to the + .. think I'll see better numbers after realizing my mistake?!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3711
what is your voltage drop like?

w/ some work, mid 147's will come VERY soon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3712
yea...your sub will load differently when you hook it up right...lol

i metered mid-146's one day w/ my second box w/ my SX15 on the bp1200.1 and realized it was out of phase..did 147.3dB when i fixed it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1516
so you think I'd gain 1.5dB hooking it up correctly? that would be my original .8 with a .7 correcting the wiring. Far as voltage drop.. I did not hook up the dmm to the batt and see.. I set the gain to 52 volts .. I know its more than I needed but I don't know my box rise so I figured I should set it a little higher.. Did not get any smell or anything .. worked great :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6853
very impressive kevin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3713
if you can keep your voltage up....147.0+ will come.

if you dont have the current that amp wants, it will not produce any more power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1517
I want to get an extra battery but for the price of another yellowtop I could almost get a h/o alt .. all these numbers are with a stock electrical .. an optima yellow top.. 90A alt.. and 1/0 wiring + big three..

if I can come up with the money next year I'll run two SX 15"s with two RE 35.1 and some external aero ports .. for a comp setup. I will do a 150 then given I can get my current to the amps.. I've still gotta build a new box tuned higher and seal off my trunk from the cabin... better numbers will come :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3714
yep...it all takes time and testing.

i'm just now up to 149.8 and my voltage drop is rediculous...lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1519
Well final show is Nov 29th.. hoping for the best.. Trying to gain all the 1/10s I can before hand. I've got access to a TL about 20 minutes away so I might go out next weekend and test some things..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2424
hey Marshall i was doing a lil testing in some sub woofer programs and it says i have to use around 4inch in length for each round port ( 4 ports total, each port its 3 inch diameter) and the tuning is 35hz on a 10 cb. ft box.
is it true???? thanks man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1520
if your using 6 12s I would not use anything less than 4 inch aeros if your going round ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3715
four 3" ports is NOWHERE near enough port.

try 10-14sq inches of port per cuft.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3716
oh...and BTW.

i can now build 4" flared ports that are flared to 6.5-6.75" !!!

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4057
almost to 150 kev! :-)

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2426
yeah i know Marshall im planning to get from you some 6 inch flared ports but right now i have 4 3 inch ports and i have a 10 cb ft box and 6 12's the tuning is 35 that i want and the ports are flared to like 4 inch and car stereos.com and realmofexcursion calculator and winisd say around 4.2 inch for length for each port

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3164
lilrob. hes saying you will have extreme port noise. dont follow through with that box. you need about 140sqin of port for a 10cuft box, and more would even be better.

kevin, isnt 52V at 1 ohm 2704wrms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3725
yea...that box w/ four 3" ports would just act like a box w/ a hole in it.

it would be a waste of time to build the box w/ 3" ports.

Four 6" ports would get the job done though.

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2427
yeah i know marshall that 6" port will be much better but i juzz got 6 12's i got the wood and i had some ports flared 3 inch and i got a new battery and wiring and im out of money but i need some temporary box well not temporary box temporary ports, i will use my ports now and ill save to get some 6 inch ports or maybe bigger i dont know if u can do it marshall, but im definitely gettin in the future at least 4 or 6 ports.

but right now im gonna use these temporary ports so u think i should make the ports longer???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3728
four 3" ports ~4" long will tune your box to ~35hz....but it will sound like a whistle.

if you have 3" pipe for now...do 10 ports....~16" long each. at least it wont whistle as much.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3173
no. dont do it lol. run them sealed or make a slot port. do not use those 3 inch ports.

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2429
well i was messing with winisd and with sealed on 10-11 cb ft i will be doing 126db's plus cabin gain qith2k rms, with ported at 35hz i will be doing 130's plus cabin gain with 2k rms i think im gonna have to have them sealed in the 10cb ft box and wait for the ports.

ok marshall give me a good price on 4 6 inch ports

Gold Member

Post Number: 3729
I will do $24 per port + actual shipping.

Stock length is 24"...I can cut them to any length under that for free.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1524
well that amp was considerably underrated.. so i figured i'd set the gains for 2000.. then i figured with box rise i'd have to up the voltage a little bit.. but even with it being set to 52 volts with the h/u on 26.. the gain is considerable low
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us