Which HU w/ McIntosh amp & Focal speakers???

Username: Billsbird

Ventura County, California USA

Post Number: 1
...Hello Everyone, This is my first post so; "HI"... I was wondering if you folks could help me. I have a McIntosh 110 x 4 amp & Focal 3 way Utopia speakers & want to know a good quality HU to use. This is going in a small car {1932 Ford Coupe} so I'm not sure if I need 'fill' speakers. And I'm still up in the air about using a sub woofer or not. The options I'm interested in having are Satalite Radio & Playing MP3 recordings. May be I'll hook up a 6 or 12 Disc changer later. I definatly want a clean, clear sound. I'm looking at the Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS {or DEH-P980BT} because of the 24 bits, the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X990 {high signal to noise ratio of 110} or the Eclipse CD5000 or CD 7000 {I was thinking the 5000 over the 7000 because of the 8 verses 5 volt amp outs} but isn't the signal to noise ratio of 95 low on the Eclipse??? Which HU would you recommend of these or which others that I didn't list??? I know nothing about stereo's other than what I read today so please bear with me on this! THANKS for any reply's ;) Bill

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 595
I would go with Alpine DVA 9861. Signal to noise can be measured differently:-) so it's not always apples to apples. Nakamichi would be another brand to look at.

Username: Naksteve

Post Number: 5
Nakamichi CD7ooII has a better pre-amp than any Alpine, even the F1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us