Amp keeps turning off

Username: Kbjg

Eagan, Mn Us

Post Number: 1
I just bought the Kenwood KAC-9152D and I have it hooked up to a Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL I cant figure out why my amp keeps turning off at high volumes or just over a long time it just turns off for a couple seconds and its never even that warm so I dont get it I hate Kenwood it was a mistake DONT EVER BUY ONE

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1208
Well that amp is 1 ohm stable. 900 @ 1 ohm. That sub, rated at 1000wrms (you only have one, right?) is a duel 2 VC, So in theory its a good match. You may not be feeding it enough power. Bad /weak ground. What size wire are you using? And also, check your gain. It should match your HU output.

Eagan, Mn Us

Post Number: 3
Yea Im only running the one sub ive checked the ground looks good to me, im using a 0 gauge and the gain is about 3/4 up. do u think its defective or do u think I should hook another amp up to it? I would think this 1 amp would be plenty, oh yea whats a HU output im kind of a noob.... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1209
The gain should match the head units (HU) RCA out voltage. between 2-5 volts. What HU is it? and do your lights dim when it is working? Turn the gain down to below half and see if it still does it. And is this stuff new or used?

Eagan, Mn Us

Post Number: 4
im using the 05 CK4 2-Channel Amp Kit 05CK4 http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=19818
but im only using the RCA's from this kit I wired everything with a 0 gauge kicker kit my lights barely dim the interior lights dont dim at all. Ive tried turning the gain down half way and it just not that loud, or should I turn the gain down and turn up bass controls up?? all my stuff is new
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us