Big difference or naw.........wut do u think??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1910
Do u think it would be a great difference if i got a 15" Q better than a 12" Q with the same power?? Would there be a difference. I know it will prob will be a lil louder and lower, but i wonder if i would be able to tell the difference. Can some one give me their opinion on this. Thanx. :-)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2805
you might be able to tell the difference.
most likely you will be able to tell the difference

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6597
you would have a bigger box with the 15 so it would hit deeper and lower than 12s. the 12s would hit tighter though.

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 234
hmmmmm... any idea what type of vehicle and dimensions to work with?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1911
03 ford focus sedan wit about 16.5" H 34" W and 18" D..

SO if u had the extra money would u go with the 15" guyz??

HOLY SH!T. i just got back from hearing my cvrs and i scooted them all the way up in the trunk towards the seat and only had the driver side door open and all the other doors and windows closed except the passenger front side window was open a crack about a quarter of an inch and i played the 26 cycles track from Bass Mekanik and o man o man my window was moving like never before. It looks like its just gonna pop off lol...

Can one of you guyz tell me what resonant frequency is?? ON that bass mekanik cd it says that you can use it to find out your resonant frequency.......Thanx guys...:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7846
it is the freq. at which your vehicle is loudest. when the body panels resonate at the same wavelength as the bass tone i believe...

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1912
o kool thanx Muddy. Muddy would you go with a 15" better if you had the extra $20?? I finally got a job so now i could buy a REAL system lol..:-)

Im thinking 2 12" or 2 15" Q's each on a NINe.1. for now though i'll get one Q and put it on my current amp and give it 900rms till my next few checks.

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 240
i'd go with a 12" q... a 15 q would have to be sealed unless u want a wall or partial wall... as far as resonant freq. place the enclosure where u want it to be... get a term pro mic then play a sweep through it, where ever it's loudest is the resonant peak of the car... BEWARE! what ever you do like box placement and or putting extra displacement in n out of the car, i.e. ur girlfriend in the car will shift the tuning! spl competitors will go through LOTS of boxes and experimenting with PLENTY of stuffs to achieve max spl! (like making 6 runs of zero guage front to back to try to eliminate power draw...) it is downright time consuming and if u like getting ur hands dirty go for it! (WARNING: competing in spl will cause divorces, bankruptcy, etc,etc... nada nada nada, get my drift?) lol keep a smart mind when planning and try to do it with less money.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 605
hey im thinking of a 15 q off the same amp ednine.1 in a 2.5 sealed box ... it will be going in a focus hatch ... how do u think it will perform? im looking for the lower end bass since i previously had an AA avalanche

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3163
TJ what's up, Bro i read you're getting one 15 Q, i'd go for it, just get a good amp to push it. If you're getting 2 then don't get the nine 1 cuz you're going to underpower.

A fi Q with an ED nine1= good setup, great warranty on the amp if you blow it lol!!!

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1913
LMAO!!!^^^ ur funny dawg...:-) Ya im only 17 so its kool right now. Ya i will go with a 12" q then. :-) He He what would you recommend as far as a box goes for 1 12" Q?? I like the lowz to hit loud and clean....Thanx man :-)

30Hz?? 2.2cuft??

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7856
wassup Mike!?

i think you will like the Q.

check this out.

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/forumdisplay.php?s=8f4586720c9bacc6ba87dcd5284 11b92&f=58

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1914
o that LMAO was to FIMONKEY lol, sub Juliob, ya i meant a NINE.1 on EACH Q..... The damn problem is though NO ROOM so it sux!! If i get 2 15" Qs i cant port them and id barely have enough room to seal them.. But i could only get 1 15" Q and port it.....I dunno man...

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7858
i personally would get 2 12's ported:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9576
im leaning these days 2 single sub setups so i would get 1 15 ported .......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9577
im leaning these days towards single sub setups so i would get 1 15 ported .......

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2807
juliob man...he didnt say 2 q's on 1 nine.1...
he said 2 q's each with a nine.1

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1916
IM going with 2 15" Q's ported!!!!! Yeah i got my moms Explorer so im happy cuz i can fit 2 15"s.... :-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9586
lucky b@stard ! ^^^^^^......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us