Amp clipping??

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 400
so today i cranked my volume and one time the bass hit super hard the amp went into protect mode and turned my hu off and then back on it was fine?????? any ideas???

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 271
what amp do you have and what subs do you have and what size are your subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
1 12" soundstream vgw and an alpine v-12 600rms

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 444
It could be thermal protection, the sucker got too hot:-). I have had that happen many times on hot summer days in Cincinnati:-) when I had an RF amp (newer generation). Man those were some good times:-)

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 300
Sounds like your amp sucked your battery down low enough to shut your HU off. You could stick a battery in the trunk. If your engine was running? than a higher current alt.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 453
Benny Boy, I think adam ment to say
"and I turned my hu off and then back on it was fine??????"
Hmm, but I am not sure:-(
adam, could you pls clarify it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
ya my hu didnt shut off by itself... shut it off and turned itback on.....andi know it not my charging system cuz its only 600rms and i have never once had any dimming or anything also im from MN and i doubt it was heat cuz it was about 30degrees when it happend and it wasnt running to long......it couldbethe ground from the amp cuz when wedid the install we didnt have anything to sand off the paint so i just scraped the area with a screw driver but when i had my type-s this never happend...what do ya think??????

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
i shut it off and turned it back on******* sry im at school and i cant freekinuse this gaiye keyboard

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3116
the weather is a factor, but that doesn't mean the amp can't go to protection due to overheating...

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 406
I would assume you were drawing too much power from your battery/alt and it just shut off. Mine did that for a while

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3141
Adam, how does that sub sounds? good SQ, SPL,???????

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
i love it its supposed to be a sq sub but its more sql....it gets louder than 2 type r's and its still pretty clean
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us