Amp settings

Bronze Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 47
can somebody tell me what the best settings are to set my amp to i have a kicker kx 1200 pushing two 4 ohm subs at 1 ohm but i just want to keep them from blowing i have them in single boxes ported to 35 hertz, and also i have an on and off switch for a subsonic filter what exactly does that do and should i turn it on or off in your opinons? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 430
Subsonic filter is made to keep your subs from going below the tuning of the box b/c they are basically free air then. So you want that on and set at 35hz. I dont remember if that amp has bass boost or not, if it does you want it set to 0. The gain or level needs to be set to match your head unit. The easiest way to do this without tools is to turn it all the way down and set your head unit to the settings and volumes you usually listen to it at and SLOWLY turn the gain up until the subs start to distort then turn it back down a little(so the subs arent distorting.

Silver Member

Post Number: 431
didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2085
yeah that amp has a bass boost. and if you use it you'll have to readjust the gain. personally i use the hu for bass adjustments.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 417
u dont have to have the bass boost at zero i have mine up a little and the guys at a car shop around my house set it up high to where i coudlnt listen to the music it hit so hard so just set it to what you like and set the gain correctly

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
If you turn the bass boost up the amp is more likely to clip. She asked where to set her stuff so the subs would be safe, bass boost at 0 is the best way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us