Just got back from the Tuner Jam in Jackson, Ms.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3573
All in all it was a great show...but i just walked in the door. I left my dorm at 1pm yesterday and just got back at ~3:30am.

Great turn-out...Lots of vehicles in SPL and alot of nice cars in the carshow. They ran out of room inside and had to put alot of cars outside.

They didnt give out normal trophies...they gave out nice metal silver/gold cups w/ real marble bases. 1ft place ones were bout 16" tall and bout 7" across.

I took first in my class :-)...but w/ only 147.3dB.

I was disappointed in my #, but took my class by ~1.5dB over second. My box is still tuned too low...i peaked at 42hz. :-(

I had to play mic-monkey for Adam while he ran his truck before he ran thru the lanes...in have concluded 156.5's back to back for ~5mins is fun :-)

Matt Sibley set a new world record on the B&K in Pro Stock 5000+. 157.7dB!!! Beat the old record by 0.1dB...but hey, he holds the work record now :-)

I will post pics tommorrow...i gotta crash now.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 607
Sounds like fun. I wish they had more competitions down in So cal.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4856
147.3 good job... what sub was that with and what power

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7480
i believe he is running an IA 20.1 at ~.35ohms on a DD 9515:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6423
yeah i know what you mean berny. the last comp i went to was in garder grove. some dude with a extreme vehicle did 170.2

waiting for those pics marshall.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3575
sorry guys...the pics at too blurry to even make out...dam disposable camera.

i'm pissed...i had alot of good pics.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 609
Chad, when you said extreme vehicle, was it say audio extreme? Was it like some lifted truck or a van? Because if its audio extreme, that shop is located in san b, inland empire. Thats pretty crazy if they hit that high. But a few shops down here are going to have some competitions soon, don't know if you want to drive all the way to san bernardino though.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2768
come on marshall get that dd up man lol. I want to see what they really can hit seeing how i own one lol nj though congrats on first

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6473
when i say extreme vehicle, i meant its setup for high db. its built like a tank. here are some pic of the car.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3579
I'll get it up there :-)
I'm peaking at ~42hz right now...its insane for daily driving...hehehe.

My truck actually likes ~50hz. I'm gonna play w/ my ports this weekend if i get the chance...I have to build a few 6" ports and prolly 2 boxes this weekend.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3581
Oh...and BTW, second place in my class was taken by a SoloX 18" w/ 2500wrms. He only did ~145.7dB in a mustang. (hatchback)

I may be helping him w/ a box in the future.

Also, a guy w/ another SoloX 18" in an ext cab F150 (huge box) only did ~148dB w/ 4 planet audio 2250d's.

Another guy was showing off all day w/ his bagged Ford Excursion w/ 4 memphis mojo 15's...it was pretty loud and got low as fok!

(his subs/amps were still hot) He ran SB4 and blew a sub about 10seconds into the run. They unhooked the sub for the second run but still only did 139.8dB in SB4...LMOA. They thought they were big sh#t too :-)

If i remember correctly...all the people on his team ran memphis...one had 4-12's the other 2-15's. None of them did over 148dB on burp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us