Pioneer AVIC-N3 Defect !! Pictures...

Username: Truckinescalade

Post Number: 1
Ok, so I purchase my AVIC-N3 a week after it came out, installed it. One week later, message pops up saying "CANNOT USE DRIVE UNIT" in 3 different languages including ENGLISH. French and Spanish being the others.

Anyways, I had the navigation disk inside the drive when the message popped up. I tried to eject the CD and no luck! The CD won't eject and the message stays on. However, I can use my CD changer or Radio fine, it just doesn't give me the screen. It continues giving me the message CANNOT USE THE DRIVE UNIT. With this said, if I close the screen, I have total control of the unit and can see which radio station or CD i'm playing. Since then, this is how i've been using my new head unit. Hasn't been a huge deal to me.

Now, i'm installing a 15-1/2" monitor in my dash so I need this unit to test DVD's, Playstation 2, etc. I just pried the CD out of the unit, but still get the same message.

Does anybody know what the problem is? I've uploaded an image of the problem.

Upload
Upload

Post Number: 2
... Nothing?

Bronze Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 82
I would say carefully taking it apart and take the CD or DVD out and then try it. Did you try puting on the emergency brake. Sometime these types of HU are hooked to emergency brake so you can't drive with DVD playing (Safety feture that pro installers use). Otherwise I haven't seen that before. If CD won't eject, it might have something to do with CD or DVD. Could be jammed or stuck not spinning. Could cause Error message. I would look into it. Hope that helps.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your post. Since I last posted, i've sent the unit in and had it replaced by Pioneer. Everything works great now. Just a shitty head unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us