Enclosure building questions

Bronze Member
Username: Kai2780

Post Number: 23
I have been reading up on building a subwoofer enclosure and i have a few questions before i try my hand at building my first box. i am using a kole audio kmx12" i had laying around as a test subject before i attempt to build a box for a mag d2 i have yet to order.

is it a good idea or even necessary to use a dampening foam mat on all surfaces inside or the top, bottom, and rear inside of a vented mdf enclosure?
if it is a good idea then i also need to take the materials displacement into account for calculating the total volume of the enclosure, right?

with a sealed enclosure how do i determine how much polyfill to use if any at all?

what is a good lenth between assembly screws?
thinking 1 1/2" or 2" for a small enclosure and 1" for a medium. is 1" ideal regardless for box rigidity?

is there a general or good rule of thumb for internal bracing placement and spacing?

is there some type of weatherproof sealant i could use on an mdf box before carpeting it?
no its not gonna be outdoors but, just in case.

am i correct in thinking that a square removable port made of mdf is better suited to a box made for competition purposes because different lenghts can be used to adjust tuning and a flared tube port is more suited to an everyday box?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9443
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

also look @ www.the12volt.com & www.bcae1.com

each site has tons of info on what ur asking .......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us