OT> Is this gonna sound good or not?? SQ?

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3660
what do u guys think?? :-)
now what amp should I get for my highs & mids??

"Is this gonna sound good or not?? SQ?"

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=226058&d_Id=21366&l1=21366&l2=

what amp?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9404
damn man B - how long havent we talked !

its so a coincidence i was 2day looking @ these AC stuff @ a local car audio shop & was thinking about getting a EQX model myself .....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3662
yea, its been awhile... ive been bust as hell...

the eqx is the shiznitz... eq and xover.. :-)
i cant wait to hook up the matrix, well everything...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6310
thats awesome man.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2162
some phoenix gold, precicion power, jl audio 300/4, helix well get some good end brands with awesome build quiality

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7238
audison:-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2169
mcintosh,cactus sound,sinfoni,rainbow,smart devices,tru technology,mdimensions,xtant,brax,bluter juzz to name a few :-)

Silver Member
Username: Kaos13

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 192
wtf is cactus can i get a link?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 572
Man you have a lot of stuff right there. I would be confused by just looking at it.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6964
Very NICE B:-) the EQX is awsome:-) I have been pondering the thought of picking one up myself for a while now. :-) I would go with PPI art series amps personally:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7262
www.cnsounds.com <~~~~cactus sounds...european based.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7263
^^bad link^^

http://www.cn-cactus-sounds.com/home.htm

Gold Member

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6315
make sure you have an rta if you decide to get that james. lol. what am i saying. a sq guy like you should have one. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1461
That Cactus stuff looks sick. I can tell they are just a SPL based comapny.

Where the heck would you buy there stuff anyway?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6976
been looking at that also Chad:-) I have been looking into them since we talked about them a month or 2 ago.

Gold Member

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6324
B.......make sure you change the PFM subsonic filter module to 25hz. the epicenter comes with 33hz. it won't hit the lows as much. i called audioncontrol and they only cost $15. ima order mine today.

i don't know if the eqx or the matrix has a pfm subsonic filter module too but if they do, i am certain they are set at 33hz as well. you gotta change them all if you want that low hitting bass.

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 155
please allow me to ask a dumb azz question. Why would you need all of those? Wouldn't the one eq. be enough?

ok go ahead and rip me.

Gold Member

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6325
thats a valid question impala. after installing all those equipment and fine tuning them, the difference would be night and day.

the eq is self explanatory.

the epicenter will add that missing bass in your music. alot of the times the bass is recorded at a high frequency. the epicenter will take that high freq recorded bass and drop it down an octave so it will play out on your subs.

the matrix gives a boost when you are driving multiple amplifiers. (makes a big difference in sound. i was able to hear the difference.)

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
wow, you guys are too cool. i've learned alot from this forum site. I called audiocontrol, they recomended the epic 160, dqxs 6 ch., and a matrix.
had it not been for this thread i wouldn't even know this was nessesary. i've always used just a regular eq. and thought that was as good as it got.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
oopps, just seen the price tag on that monster, dqxs. jury's out on that one.

Gold Member

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6327
lol they do get a bit pricey. but worth it imo.

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 79
How exactly does an epicenter work, does it add bass boost? And wouldn't it make the amp clip if it does that?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1324
no the epicenter takes the higher freq. and dropps them lower so they will play on your sub. its not bass boost. bass boost just over emphisises bass notes

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 80
Oh ok, but would that do anything on music that already has a lot of bass in it?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1327
from what chad has told me it just smooths out the bass in songs that already have heavy bass

Gold Member

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6329
it comes with a bass knob so you have the control over how much you want it to process the bass. its not a bass boost control. for songs that already have hard hitting bass, you want to turn the bass knob almost all the way off.

like mat said, it just makes even the hard hitting bass songs sound smoother. if all you listen to is rap or just bass songs, you really don't need the epicenter. for me i like variety so i like to have bass on all the songs i listen to.

metallica sounds AWESOME with the epicenter. that is if you like that kinda music.

also some rap songs have some muddy bass but the epicenter makes that sound deep as well.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3680
epic is for certain freqs 20-40hz... :-O
do u guys know anything about harmonics?
well I took a entire semester of Electronic Communications... VERY inresting stuff how harmonics actuall works... and what the epic does is Impressive I must say... lol
it reads the upper harmonic and re-generates the lower harmonic....
like DEEP bass?

Chad all my PFM modules will be 25hz... :-)

Still not sure what amp, but looking for something that does like 200x4 rms, to push 4 8" memphis components..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us