Lil rob, or anyone with an explorer...

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 139
what size speakers are in the rear of the Explorer? I was played a fool once when I bought my 6 1/2's for the front doors and realized that they were 6x9's! And I need to know a good set of 6x9's, tight budget, but still want some good quality!

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 395
crutchfield

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1386
i dont know about crutchfield. i had the same question as you except for my 99 acura tl and after i filled in the information to see "what fits my car" 5 1/4" speaks came up and 6 1/2". mostly 5 1/4" but still! they mixed them up so im still unsure.

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 140
Yea, Crutchfield is the reason I bought 6 1/2s for my front doors!

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 397
Mine was 5.25's.

I would never install a 6x9 in any hole.

I would do a bada55 6.5 set up front and 5.25's for rear fill.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 377
You could just make a baffle for the speaks and cut the door a little and put them in there

Bronze Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 93
what kinda explorer you have? cause from 91-94 explorers take 5x7's im not sure of the 95 and p though....

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2160
its 6x8 in the 4 doors, but i made a bracket to hold 6.5 mid bass in the front doors. adn i have 6x8 in the back polk audio speakers, i got the 6x8 because i wanted the most midbass in the back. sound pretty good man.

get 6.5 speakers fro the front thats all that u need but if u have afew bucks get some polks 6x8 at crutchfield really cheap and worth the money

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 264
Can anyone give me info or advice on putting your door speakers in boxes in the doors? door pods I think are what they are called?

I have been thinking of making my own.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2163
u can make one of y our own with fiberglass and some bondo. but u can get them at crutchfield.com

Bronze Member
Username: Bayrent88

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 70
my explorer is 6x9's both front and back...1999...at least i think they are...let me go measure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us