Im worried

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1263
i put in my friends system today, 2 assassin 12's and a hifo 800 blah blah, and i didnt have enough connecters to use the fuse so i just ran a straight wire, you think itll be alright, its 4 gauge

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1199
You really need to get that fuse in place a.s.a.p.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 86
www.bcae1.com ......

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 592
what fuse between the battery and amp??
oh gosh i think i better go hook mine back up..but my amp is cheap so who cares if it blows.lol

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1259
the fuse is to protect the wire not the amp. its fine. just hope you dont get in an accident or anythign and short the wire or youll have a fire

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7145
seriously...people flippin out....the amps are internally(or some externally fused), so you don't have to worry about the amps.

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1201
Who's flippin' out?

If you guys don't want to fuse the products you've invested money in, then don't... but if you mess it up it's your own fault and you know it.

Also, my xtant amps are not fused internally OR externally.. the only in-line fuse is under the hood.. remove that and I might as well be one of these guys^^^^

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1202
forgot my smiley... :-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7146
it really doesn'y do much....unless you have the power wire ran through the door jam, there isn't much to worry about.

i had a 250A fuse on my 4ga for like 8 months...nothing happened....

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1261
yeah thats werid xtant amps are like that.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 593
what happens if someone had powerwire ran through the door jam without a fuse??

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7148
running the powerwire through the door jam is not safe, b/c the wire can get caught in the moving parts and eventually can become pierced...shorting out and whatnot.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 594
ooooooo...i see..safety..okay..lol

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 255
what if you accidently touched the battery wire to ground what would happen to youur amp???

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1667
If you don't see a fuse on the outside, it isn't fused. If you don't give a crap about the amp, then don't fuse it. The fuse is designed to protect you and your vehicle from a fire or death. Get a fuse in there asap, accidents can happen at any time. JMHO Polo.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 595
damn you scared me guess ill go find that fuse i had in there..lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7150
yes, YOU NEED A FUSE, if the amp isn't fused....and for safety reasons....but if the amp is fused, and te power and ground are separated....it isn't a code red. lol unless the alt. takes a crap and sends out a huge spike of current/voltage...oh wait...the amp has overvoltage protection...lol nevermind...i am simply stirring the fire. lolololol

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 596
oh yea..my amp does has a fuse on it..i knew i wasnt dumb..YEAAAAAAAAAAAaa now i wont die.lol

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1264
but you need to fuse the power wire anyway. becasue your car still has the posibilty to catch on fire if the wire shorts for some reason

Bronze Member
Username: Dmm2005

Warrenton/Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 43
yes i can vouch for the importance of fuses..i had a friend whos show truck caught on fire due to his audio system which is why i am always safe with my stuff

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7152
i am not condoning not fusing the power wire, that would make me a hypocrit b/c i have mine fused as well, all i am saying is yes, your vehicle is safer with one, but it isn't a code red(like the b1tch starts shooting sparks when you crank it up)...do it asap though:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 83
the fuse is to protect the car. who cares about the amp, if u didnt have a car would u have the amp? not fusing the wire causes fire and or shorting computer in your car. also if the vehicle caught fire do to install insurance will not cover it.....

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7179
yes, we have already established that.:-) lol

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1675
QUIET MUDDY, LOL. Always stirring, shoulda been a witch or a chef, lol. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 678
if its a good enough install you dont even have to worry about it its a precation ....
at least thats how i think of it...

(100% sure the wire wont get cut or crushed on anything, or be shorting out or able to touch ground in any way possible.. besides that the only other thing i would be able to think of is the amp\battery itself getting messed causing damage that the fuse could have stopped?)
But i still say under the hood is a must for the fuse... coming from my batterys in the rear to the amp.... no fuse :p
does that sound about right?

-no more forum for me :-) time to smoke this blunt and goto bed its 11am already....insomnia from my job... can i sue them?? ROFL!@!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us