Smoke!

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 31
hey, i think tha i fried a capacitor in my HU. its an alpine cda-9851. just wondering if this was fixable, so that i dont have to buy a new HU, kinda hard up for money. thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
has anyone ever had to do this before, please i would really appreciate some help.

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 209
I used to work with a guy who would tell customers that electronic equipment ran on smoke, and it would continue to work until you let the magic smoke out at which point it was useless...

Why do you think you blew a cap, and what were the circumstances around you letting out the magic smoke?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
i was listening to music. turned my truck off. started it back up a little while later to go somewhere and my head unit wouldnt turn on. left if for a few days. tried again and nothing. i took it out of the dash and it had popped the fuse in the back of the HU. so i changed it out with a smaller amp rated fuse, popped as soon as i plugged the harness back in. so i tried with one that was the same rating, turned on the cd player worked for about 5 seconds and a little stream of smoke came out of the back, the HU stayed on but i unplugged the harness and it has been sitting on my dresser ever since. hoping to be able to fix it, no money for a new one right now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us