Brahma MK II, What AMP?!?!?!

Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI Usa

Post Number: 1
Ok, so im going to get a Brahma MK II. Im going to run it mono. so im not sure if i want the 12" or the 15".

1) What are the voice coils on this syb? can you wire it to 1 Ohm?
2) i was looking at the Kicker KX600.1
3) Or the Hifonics BX1000D, but i think this is more power than i need? because to power this sub correctly you only need 600 watts with the right box. from what the web site tells me?

4) and for a box, i was looking at these http://www.subzeromfg.com/aseries.htm
Or i could build a box but these boxes are nice, i think!?!??

So please help me out and dont nag me about anything because im a NoOb. LOL

Robert J
Unregistered guest
Dude i've been having the same prob. i bought the 12inch MK ll and got a 2ohm dvc sub, and relized that it wasn't going to work on my amp which just happens to be a KX600.1, so in the mean time i'v been using that amp at a 4ohm load 300 rms in a 1.35cf box. The excursion is at about 22mm i'm guessing with the 300 rms(i just looked at my wrench set that is in mm and conpared). I called adire and the guy said that was plenty of power and i could even use a 1cf box if i wanted really good clean bass, but if i wanted deep bass he said i need to go a little bigger. now i have no planes of getting another brahma any time soon so i'm giving my KX600.1 to my youger brother and i'm getting a better amp. It's the alpine V12 MRVT 420. it's a 2ch amp and when briged it gives 340watts rms at 4ohms. if you want one go on ebay there on sale for $164.

Hope this helped

Robert J
Unregistered guest
Dude i've been having the same prob. i bought the 12inch MK ll and got a 2ohm dvc sub, and relized that it wasn't going to work on my amp which just happens to be a KX600.1, so in the mean time i'v been using that amp at a 4ohm load 300 rms in a 1.35cf box. The excursion is at about 22mm i'm guessing with the 300 rms(i just looked at my wrench set that is in mm and conpared). I called adire and the guy said that was plenty of power and i could even use a 1cf box if i wanted really good clean bass, but if i wanted deep bass he said i need to go a little bigger. now i have no planes of getting another brahma any time soon so i'm giving my KX600.1 to my youger brother and i'm getting a better amp. It's the alpine V12 MRVT 420. it's a 2ch amp and when briged it gives 340watts rms at 4ohms. if you want one go on ebay there on sale for $164.

Hope this helped

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 555
get a jbl bp600.1 it runs 600w rms at 1 ohm

or a MTX thunder1501d - 600w rms at 4 ohm at 12.5v and 750w rms at 4 ohm at 14.4v

for the sealed box brahma for robert, get the bp600.1

Robert J
Unregistered guest
Hey guys i just called adire agian today and told him my plans, he said that would be perfect. the guy i talked to has the same sub and uses a jl that puts only 200rms. i asked about having a 15inch if i would need more power and he said no. so if you want to save some money on your amp get the one on ebay or get two and save for a second sub. having 300rms more is only going to give you about 3 db more. but if you double your power and the air your moving with a second sub you'll have about a 6 to 9 db increase maybe more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us