Clifford Concept 500

Username: Casw1000

Post Number: 1
Hello, I have an old Concept 500 alarm system installed on my poeple carrier. My wife and kids were out the other day when the car just died. We still had electrics but no engine power.

We called out the AA (UK) and got the car to the local garage that night. The next day our mechanic explained that our car had a fuel pump in the rear tank and one in the front of the car. The garage tested the electrics to the rear fuel pump to find that it was not getting electric.

This brings me to the feeling that it is our alarm that is causing the problem. We havent used the alarm for 2 years or more, because we kept having problems with it and our Clifford dealer couldn't find the problem, so we decided to stop using it.

Now all I want to do is take it out and reduce the amount of money I am spending on this car. I have an auto electrician looking at my car this thursday, and I would like to say, strip out the Alarm. I am concerned about the electric windows not working after the alarm is stripped out.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? If so how was it fixed.

Could a remote control flat battery/failure cause a problem like this.

Any other ideas, or thing to be aware of would be very welcome. Thanks much. Ps - apologies for the long explaination :-)

Colin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us