Idea

meeeeeee
Unregistered guest
i have a rockford fosgate x1 with 2 10" alpine subs.

i want to up the bass. so im thinking ill add 2 more and make it 4 alpine 10"s. i know ill have to add another amplifier.

ok so i was at car toys and i was told that i had to use the same model amp as my 2 present subs or it will sound bad.

BUT i dont think rockford makes that specific model anymore.

is this true?

thanks

Anonymous

no it will not sound the same you could get close but not the same you should try a new 4 channel amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 69
Yeah, using two different AMP's no matter if they are exactly the same will sound different. Reason being is that the AMPs will always be struggling for power. So one will get more and another will get a little less. Meaning they wll pulse back and forth. I wouls sell the other and buy one big new rockford. Stick with rockford, they make good AMPs. I do like your 4 10" idea.

meeeee
Unregistered guest
thanks.

can you give me a specific model number and relative price for an amp capable of powering those 4?
Alpine 10"s 600w max each i think.

one more question.
would it sound bad if they were in two different boxes (2 in each) or should i buy a 4 hole custom box?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2748
check eBay bubba.
I bet you can find another X1 in working order for a good price.
pay with PayPal and use buyer protection insurance.

meeeeeee
Unregistered guest
nope...its not there. theres alot of rockford fosgate rf's but not x1.

so are you saying that hooking up two amps on the same system would be alright iyo, glass?

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 72
Yeah, hooking up two subs in 2 boxes with 2 AMPs would be a good way to run things. Or get one big 4 hole box and have a divider in it so you have 2 seperated from the other two. That would be good only if you want to run 2 AMPs. If you run one AMP go find a 4 channel AMP (rockford fosgate) and make sure its big. Like 200watts RMS times four subs. So i would be looking at a 1000 watt AMP.

Anonymous

pat you just said it wouldnt be a good idea, but now your sayin it "would be a good way to run things." 200 watts rms x 4, a 1000 watt amp? im no nuclear scientist but i think an 800 watt amp just might do the trick.

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 74
That's why i stated that its your choice. I was just trying to get you some ideas that could work. It's not my car! Either way you will get the same amount of watts.

iamduff
Unregistered guest
200watt rms x 4 =800 watts rms NOT max power

a 800 Max Power amp would prolly give you about 100 RMS x4 if not 50RMS x4. so u prolly need a 1500max watt 4 channel rockford for 200RMS x 4

Anonymous

just buy an amp that has 800 RMS.

Anonymous

and bout away you NEVER go by the max power ALWAYS the RMS power.

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 77
"and bout away you NEVER go by the max power ALWAYS the RMS power."
Yes, very true.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us