Compitition!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 331
ok wanna get into comps but i know very littl eabout them so could any1 give me some info like if i could even compete with that and what class i would be in and how to enter....all the basic... and my system will be 1 fully loaded 15" btl with 2 kicker 2000.1 amps

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 491
going for sq or spl comps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
spl

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
im kinda thinkin of runnin the btl off of 2 2500.1's

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 492
so im guessing your running it at 2ohms? geta bigg box, and i believe you have to run it with your car off, so get some yellow top optimas and before buying the amps for it make sure they give it enought power between 12.5-13V (the car will have to be off with all windows up when they test it) also get sound deadening material like dynamat... i never enter a competition or anyhthing but i read up on it a little, im going to turn my 99 blazer into a comp ride once i get this new car :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
can you run those amps at 1 ohm and get more power?? i coulda sworn i heard they were stable up to .5 ohms but i could be wayyy wrong.... and how many yellow tops fer that much power??? and 1 last Q...... where did u get the info on comps

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 498
Well it all depends on how you are running the amps, i am not sure of the specs but it may be .5 ohm stable too.. but if you are linking them its ussualy a 2ohm minimum, but if you run each amp on its own coil thats a different story, but you would also need to get the amps setup EXACTLY the same, ussualy done on a machine. I dont recall where i seen the information but im pretty sure its about accurate... as for power... www.the12volt.com should be able to tell you how many amps you will be pulling, i would say atleast 4 yellow tops minimum tho.. what is that amp rated at on a 12.5V power scale?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 194
SPL? Give up any ideas about daily music.

Best to buy something you dont want destroyed. Bass will break sh!t, espcially over time.

Prepare to drive from here, to BFE, then to hell and back. Every weekend.

Have at least 4k to play with.....just to start.

HO alt that will charge at 18v....you will need this to keep your batt/batts up. Wont always have access to charger between runs.

Be ready to build about 300 boxes, and make 300 changes to each....and then mic'in each one.

Start a log, log each change you make, and what it mic'd at. Forget nothing. Ten .1 changes are 1db.

Sound deaden the pi55 out of your ride. Or just 2 layers.... 'pends on the rules. Some at least. Only a few car suffer from deadening. Most need it.

Box doesnt have to be huge. Most street classes are running no more than 1cu for the boxes. Just a thought.

Run multiple runs of power and ground back.

Run Kinetiks 2400's or Stinger/Odessey (.2-.3 db louder as it releases a tad faster, which may or may not make up for the 200 extra dollars.)

If you have velour seats, cover them with leather or vinyl.

GEt access to a Termpro, Linear X, or AC. This will be instrumental in testing.

Find resonant frequency of your ride.

GEt a deck that has a remote, and will pause.

Buy a sub that will wire low, and an amp that will burp at it. (Make the wiring at least 1ohm below where you plan to burp at since you will most definitely suffer from impedence rise thru your box and wire.)

Lose the rearview, or lose your windshield. Trust me.

Not to mention 1,263 other things i dont have the time or patience to type.

Go big, or stay home.

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3435
nice way to explain it Ren :-)

Adam,
What vehicle do you have?
where do you live?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2621
lol maybe u just discouraged him ren lol

good luck adam if u do it

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2755
just get into bassrace :D
its an spl comp and its fun as hell...id explain it but i have no time to right now.
www.termpro.com will have details

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3440
dBdrag Bass Race and USACi Street Beat are fun!

Burping is cool and all, but 140dB+ averaged for 30secs is GREAT!.

Prolly the cheapest class to compete in is USACi super portwars. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us