Which is the best bang for your buck?

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyo

Post Number: 17
all 10"s
kicker solo x ?(from subwoofersetc for 550 on sale)
jl w7 (440)
mb quart premium(150)
solol7 dual 2 ohm(209)
l5 dual 2 ohm(150)
alpine type x(270)

and perhaps an amp to go with one of those ten inches
500/1(410)
sx650.1(430)
kx1200.1(600)
pdx-1.1000(573)
*prices are in brackets
all pricing is from subwoofersetc.com

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1981
u can get a diamond audio d9 for less than 300 and its juzz as loud as the w7 and solo x (but with much better sound q than the x)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1012
I take it your going to SPL? why use 10s? ... Why not go with 12s? Or a 15?

FI BTL 12" with everything is $459..

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1983
maybe he got a truck and space its limited

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2334
"u can get a diamond audio d9 for less than 300 and its juzz as loud as the w7 and solo x"
im having a hard time believing that a d9 is as loud as a solo x, maybe if each sub is only getting 500wrms, but fully powered that solo x should dominate, if it was me i'd look into, fi btl, AA havoc, mmats juggernaut. to name a few.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1014
^^ .. thomans what type of vehicle do you have? what is the over-all budget? and what do you want? SQ - SPL

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1992
dustin dont try to be a smart @ss man chec ixcisounds.com for the test between w7 solo x mtx 955000 orion h2 u know wat hold up man

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/article.php?a=13

dont be such a smart @ss man and yes u can get better subs for the money than those ulisted yeah a btl with everything will smoke everthin mentioned in this tread.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1015
d9s won't get louder than a solo x lol.. I've seen both in spl setups ... solo x are louder than the d9s.. now the d9s sound great but are not as loud..

Gold Member

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2335
why would i give a sh1t about that stupid test, they don't even test the d9, smart one, and fyi i don't care what u say cuase your a moron, and if you can get better subs for the money than the ones i listed, why don't you say what they are im waiting!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6547
lol^^^

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1994
u never saw the d9 their best potential because almost nobody runs them in spl comps why cuz they cant handle more than 3k for burps why because of their magnet its a neo one if u put 500 rms in the neo magnet it will act like its on 1500 rms why because it has neo the neo magnets its 3.5 stronger than traditional magnets but they have a downside if u put more power than its rated the woofer gets crazy stronger and the magnet gets too powerfull and destroy the motor thats y they dont use it on too much woofers, well man and if ur sayin if the neo its if its the best thing why most of the loudest woofer dont use it?? its because the neo magnets get crazy hot yes ridicously CRAZY hot that why if u put alot of watts like the spl copetitior almost
5k at burps the magnet will get hot @ss hell and u could barely cook an egg in there, but if u know wat u doin u could put a neo magnet in a woofer well u know shocker audio?? well the shocker neo sig one of the best spl woofer has a neo magnet WOW.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1995
why would i give a sh1t about that stupid test, they don't even test the d9, smart one, and fyi i don't care what u say cuase your a moron, and if you can get better subs for the money than the ones i listed, why don't you say what they are im waiting!

^^^^^^^^^^ the best fakin idiot person in this forum why cuz they do test the d9 u fakin retard

yes read above u retard the btl fully loaded will smoke any solo x or all the mentioned woofers in this tread

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/article.php?a=14

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/article.php?a=11

Gold Member

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2337
wow u really are a moron, you go from talking about the d9 to the shocker neo-sig, wow thats all i can say.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1997
wow technically u are a moron slash idiot with alil touch of retard plus a fakin crazy @ss dude

Gold Member

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2338
nice come back, but i didn't even read the link, cause i could give a fvckk less.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 229
Im glad someone here is reppin the D9. It's what I run off of currently about 400 watts RMS and it bumps pretty hard. I plan on giving it 1000 soon though.

Usually when I mention diamond people just kind of ignore me. : (

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1017
back to the topic.. the d9 is a great sub but the solo x is better for spl.. there is no arguement.. especially if you want to compete. the solo x can be reconed in minutes..

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 237
^^^^this is true....but the real question is ....why 10's??? most of the subs he listed are spl subs....but if you want spl.....the bigger the better usually.doesnt make much sense to me. must be limited by space or something.

and holy sh1t that kx1200.1 isnt worth 600, i got mine from hifi for 360 brand new....with warranty and all

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1999
tru that kevin but remember that ull get spl juzz by the woofer nope,its how the system make spl and i think ur sayin oh well the system its juz the electronics or the woofer and the amp nope u worng because speaker+box+amp+car=system and remember that some speaker get loud at high freqensis and other get loud at low freqensis and one of the high freqensis examples are the solo x and if u wonder why download the sheet from kicker about the solo x and ull see that kicker put in big letter and bold that the woofer must be tuned above40hz in a big box yes its for spl i know that and ur sayin oh well with the kicker if you blow it u can repair it quick and easy, well man are u a spl competitor?? cuz to blow that speaker ull need 10k rms the solo x its 5k rms man do you have 10k rms or more??? but for daily drivin why u need speaker that can recone if u have waranty??? the d9 its a great sub and grant law becarfull man if u excede the power rms rating of the d9 u might blow it easily why cuz like i said the neo magnets get crazy hot and get too powerfull blowin the motor of the speaker out, so man becaurfull and if ur sayin oh but its only 200 rms more haha well when u get to diamond audio and say it was only 200 rms more they will say its not under waranty haha. solo x yeah its loud but not that loud if u know how to install speaker if u saw the link the solo x it was like 2 db louder but do you realy need a spl that sounds like sh1t but get loud but not that loud cuz u dont have 5000 watts rms to powered, plus the diamond will get ALOT lower than the solo x

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2001
greb but it was refurbished and hey u just said that u get dealer prices why ur buying refurbished products????

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1023
.. he posted all spl woofers and did not ask which would get lower.. from what i saw from that post was a question for the cheapest yet best sub that will get loud. like my other post.. i don't understand the 10s.. why not bigger.. still awaiting that response and yes rob.. i do compete. normally every 2 weeks. i don't run crazy setups just my SX and depending on what he really wants to do with the sub depends on what we should recommend. for the money i'd just grab a full out BTL 15" .. the solo x will get louder given proper enclosure and power but for the money i takes to power it you'd be better off with a lower rms sub..

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2009
bigger doesn mean better u know marshall white he was hittin 145 or 143 with a single lil adire audio brama 10 inch and the sub its only 350 so that means bigger its not always better, i seen the famouse car that has 10 6x9 subs and hits 168 can u beilve that??? if not looka t the video on realmofexcursion u never know wat hits u man.

and yes all of those mentioned the loudest but cheapest too its the diamond audio d9 so yes i answered his question but like i said before wat make the word LOUd its the system not just the woofer

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6560
hey guys.....mainly Kevin...stop arguing...i have been down this road before..even if oyu win...you won against lil rob. LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 76
tens are cute simply put! :-) but fi subs are the best bet. IMO... "they work for me on an abusive daily basis lol. (I'LL ADMIT I SPANK DEM SO DON'T THROW ME IN JAIL... I SPANK DEM HARD!)yiii HAAA!!

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6561
no offense lil rob...just quit the incessant arguing.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6562
i have a ten....and it is more than cute bro..i guarantee that. LOL...i have made SEVERAL people think i have 2 12's....makes me a proud father! hahahahahahahahahaha

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1187
i got asked if i had 2 15s the other day, and im running 2 12s on 300 watts total... I WIN

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6566
good for you mang!!!!! keep bumpin....:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6567
OH...btw....i used to run my 10" DD 2500 on only 180wRMS from my USA 4300x....and people thought it was 2 12's....

I WIN!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6568
Moral of the Story = DD's are VERY efficient.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 78
bump ba do bump ba yea! lol

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2012
hey muddy they started man but on the other tread i was juz messin aroun but the dude tooked it seriously

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6570
its cool man.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
ok the reason i want only one ten is because, i dont want it to take up space and then later on i can upgrade to two tens. Also i dont have the space for much bigger. I want a sub that hits clean and produces good sound. I dont nessicarily want one that can set off a friken house alarm from a block away but i do want one that hits low and deep. I heard the solo x's are just a beast and can just rattle the ground but i also heard they hit clean too. So yeah i want something that can compete with a w7.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
ok and budget is about 1000 for amp and sub and cap, and box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
im not really aiming at spl just to let you all know
i would like one with good SQ but one that isnt completely a pansy either though one that will hit hard. And the car is a 1997 mazda 626 lx v6. im not too sure if my head unit can support these but i think it should considering it has two preouts. Its a pioneer 4800mp

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1057
DD 2500 or 3500 and a maybe that KX 1200.1 which can be had for 327.50 on www.hifisoundconnection.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
what is the dd 2500 and where can i get it from?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2616
muddy just letting you know that the dd's are not as efficient as you say a 9500 will be 3 db's lower than a 3500 with 1000 rms because they are inefficient. not to be an a## just letting you know but they still are efficient just not great

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
idk lilrob I think i can pretty safely run my D9 at around 1000 watts RMS no problem. If I blow it I will buy some 15s. :-)

As far as bigger is better. I think that is right. Sure my D9 10'' gets mistaken for 1 15'' or 2 12''s but if I actually had a D9 15'' or 12'' it would own my 10''.

Going from a 10 to a 12 on the same watts is usually a 3 db gain. Atleast thats what I've always been taught.

And yeah, I would take my D9 over kicker-crap anyday. It gets so deep for a 10'' its rediculous. My box is tuned at 32 hz and I have about 350 watts rms. I bet I hit in the mid 130dbs.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1073
www.ddaudio.com
muddy has one and loves it

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 493
Really there is no comparison on the sizes\loudness when you compare the same models just of different sizes, really the only way to take it that Bigger is Louder, is only when comparing the same models of the sub. If you compare with other brands and a different size.. theres always the questions to be had, like the quality of each and such...

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
I think you had a typo KiLLa.

But I know what you are saying and I agree with you. That is why I only talked about D9s.

Bigger piston area = more spl.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 514
So, just to clarify:
In short, the D9 is the "best bang for your buck" when taking into consideration the preferences of the thread founder? All 12" and 15" discussion aside, of course. That is, with The Fi BTL fully loaded ranking second place? Oh! - and the AA Havoc ranking third?
Is that correct?????
Just wanted to double check...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2619
well if u really want to know the best bang for the buck sub out is a alpine type r lol

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 202
Spoken like a true member of CarAudio.com.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us