Sub setup....

Username: 3apck

Post Number: 2
I have just got 2xKicker L7 10" 4ohm subs i have one 700.1DX what would be the best setup for it. can i even hook up the dx to just 2 subs or not? or should i hook up my kx300.4?

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 118
if the subs are 4 ohm SVC then just wire them straight to the amp for a 2 ohm load. friend has a DX700, and found out the hard way why its discontinued. but if yours works, great. those subs would be underpowered though, as they are 600 watts rms each.

Post Number: 4
What happen to your friends subs? or amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
just never really worked well. so then we said maybe its something wrong with the wiring, checked it all over numerous times, but nothing. subs would barely even move. messed with the gains to try to improve it, but nope. so then we got another friends cheap profile amp and hooked it up to the same power, ground, rca's etc as the dx700, and the profile worked fine.

Post Number: 6
so its not going to power them very nice?

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
his is probably just defective, im not saying yours is at all.wont push the subs to their full potential, but it will push them. those subs would be nice with a 1000 watt amp though. nothin against the amp.

Post Number: 7
Well i want to get a new amp. i was thinking about the new kicker one for 1200.1. what one woudl you get?

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 18
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

go there

itll show you the best way to wire...just wired my subs for 2 ohms load...

but make sure your amp is 2 ohm load stable first

Anonymous

The Kicker 1200.1 will be great, it was designed for those subs, other mentionable amps are a JBL 1200.1 (cheaper, but really good amp) JL 1000/1 (expensive, but very clean and a lot of tunability).

Bronze Member
Username: Jchevy91

Post Number: 25
I'm Kevin's friend with the DX700. It worked fine for about the first month, now it is back at the place trying to get fixed. I have had nothing but bad experience with this POS. Good luck to you though!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us