Interchangable ports

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 619
Aight, i think im set on gettn 2 Havoc 15's. Now i want to make a box with interchangeable ports, anyone have a site or sumthin to help?

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 993
easiest thing to do is aeros .. lets say 3 13inch aeros tuned to 45hz.. plug one its tuned to 36.. plug two its tuned to 28hz.. or course that was just an example not exact math.. what do you want to do? compete and have a daily or just have different ports to change for the heell of it

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 620
well, i want to have it as a daily driver, but i also wanna go to local comps so i wanna be able to switch the ports

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 997
you could build slot ports that are interchanagle depending on box depth.. might have to sacfrice more.. aeros or pvc ports are eaier to interchange plus easier to plug unless you build a special plug for the slots

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 707
You could build ports out of PVC (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't do ported boxes.. this is just an idea) and you can get those threaded pvc plugs/caps, they use them on septic systems..if you know what I'm talking about.. when you want it sealed or tuned lower just plug one, or two or three etc..

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 621
hmmm Kevin, how would i go about makin aeros?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3723
you just calculate them. i great program is winIDS, and when you use that, add around an inch to the final port length becase of the flare.

aeros are expensive too

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1000
they are about 12-15 bucks depending on where you get them.. partsexpress sell them for a reasonable price. and yeah you add about an inch to the port lenght if you use a calculator that does not have aeros in it.. i use bass box pro 6 but it has both single flared aeros and both ends flared.. calculates it all.. great proggy :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us