What if....

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 897
What if you had two similar amps.. one rated at 1000rms and one rated at 1500rms.. then you add a DVC 2 ohm sub.. what if you wired the first sub to the + of one coil and the - on the other coil.. then did the same with the other amp. doing this you gain matched each amp with a DMM. What would be the result?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5865
2500wrms going to your subs?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9183
i think u may screw up ur sub or shorten its lifespan since from what i read in a few sites when ur doing 2 amps on 1 sub it MUST be the same 2 exact amp models & all settings on each has 2 be dead on exact ......

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6368
agreed.^^

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1150
if you can set the wattage exactly the same and everything (bb, ss, high, low,) all exactly the same, which you cant, it will be fine, dont try on an expensive sub

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 898
well Steve Meade would say otherwise lol.. saying as long as you match gains measuring the AC output with a DMM it would be fine.. thats all in theory so I was just curious... I wish I had another SX 15" so I could wire them down to .5 ohm and push them with about 3600wrms with the 35.1 :D .. would be hell of a burp. But nope.. All I've got for another 15" is that damned Memphis LVS and if I sent 1800 to it it would prolly be toast lol... not to mention using two subs es no bueno
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us