Lets Recollect! - Ecoustics Bandwagon Sub Brands

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1343
I remember that ever since I have signed up on ecoustics, there has always been a "bandwagon" sub brand that it seems like every other thread has that name in the title. I know there are some REAL VETERANS that have been on here for a long time so it would be cool to know what the craze was back in the day.

When I first came on here, it seemed like Eclipse subs were pretty popular. Many people were talking about the Tis and aluminums.

Then it went to Ascendant audio.

And of course, the RE craze hit and that lasted for a solid at least 8 monthes I would say and is still the biggest to date that I can recall.

I remember a short Elemental Design popularity in there somewhere too.

I think next DD kind of got popular on here.

Who can forget TREO?! That was big for a couple of monthes but kind of died down now.

And ofcourse now it is FI AUDIO. Thanks to frickin Muddy, every third thread is something about BTL or Q!! GGGRRRRRR.... lol

Thats all I can remember and I might have some of it wrong. But if any other senior members would like to jog my memory that would be great! :-)

Let's learn about the past!
What was life like before AA and RE? lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3381
one huge craze was Adire. That was when i first started here...after about 3weeks of being on here i ordered a brahma mk2 10" :-)

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 481
Its was

Kicker & JBL ..

DD will be the most popular brand here , AS I THINK .

We are waiting for old members posts .

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6076
who cares....are you trying to prove a point?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1346
Jeeezzzz Muddy you sound offended or something! No, I am just wondering what the popular brands on ecoustics used to be and I listed from the ones I knew until present. When I mentioned your name I was being sarcastic, obviosly I am not mad at you for making FI popular on here, they are real nice subs from what I have seen. Just thought it would be an interesting thread. So settle down!!! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 957
Forget the Past, I want to know what the new flavor of the month will be.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6078
nah, i posted that before i read about your Fi audio whining.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1254
type R was deffinitly in there

Gold Member

Post Number: 6079
which KILLED me, cuz they sux.....sorry Rovin:-(

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1351
Oh yeah, forgot about the type R! Lol, rovin still has that thing doesn't he? As long as he likes it thats all that counts!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3384
all the BS w/ TCAB was icing on the cake. i still have no idea why people thought their boxes were the shyt. IMO, they were just well built boxes, nothing real special...unless your local shop is worthless, they should be able to build just as good a box.

oh...and the typeR craze was part of the TCAB BS...yea, 150+ w/ 1 15" is nice, but they were giving that thing ~1400wrms after box rise.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3385
bump!

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 482
Type R is a good sub .

Its really loud and still has a good sq .

Rovin will upgrade his setup as i think . something like Treo . Maybe .. i forgot .

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 264
I remember when I first came in 04, it was all about RE, AA, Eclipse, and Adire from what I read. but then again, the type R's was a big hit because it was the best bang for your buck at the time. And that was why I got Type R's =). Then two years later which is NOW!!!! I come in and theres this new line of equipment, mainly DD and a little bit of AQ, same thing. And Crystal Audio. I went from Type R's to AQ, still waiting for them though =).

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9120
HEY ! - dont diss me Type R u b@stards !
Upload
Upload

time & again when the argument comes up whats better than a R in its bang 4 buck catagory only name that shows up is cvr & maybe CV vmax while R is still on top .

Im not pissed about ppl not liking R cause like i said 1000 times b4 - its all in the install i done many experiments with mine over the last 8mths & it plays well in many box sizes & low tuned boxes but i always tell ppl on ecou on tuning it above 35hz & u will be dissapointed & also in fact this sub shines in small sealed boxes as well .

I may sell mines soon because this 1 guy keeps asking me 2 sell it - 4 a change of scenery my next set will be a single powerful 15" maybe a crystal CompX or FI BLT im weighing my options now , heck i may get both crystal 4 daily driver & BLT 4 crowd pleasr comp

As 4 the thread title which ever company brings out a good performing sub @ a reasonable price will be the next bandwagon as is the pattern on most forums , 4 those who signed on here late since RE was bought over by US AMPs who jacked up prices by 50% or more thats y alot of ppl dropped them off their list.....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9121
HEY ! - dont diss me Type R u b@stards !

time & again when the argument comes up whats better than a R in its bang 4 buck catagory only name that shows up is cvr & maybe CV vmax while R is still on top .

Im not pissed about ppl not liking R cause like i said 1000 times b4 - its all in the install i done many experiments with mine over the last 8mths & it plays well in many box sizes & low tuned boxes but i always tell ppl on ecou on tuning it above 35hz & u will be dissapointed & also in fact this sub shines in small sealed boxes as well .

I may sell mines soon because this 1 guy keeps asking me 2 sell it - 4 a change of scenery my next set will be a single powerful 15" maybe a crystal CompX or FI BLT im weighing my options now , heck i may get both crystal 4 daily driver & BLT 4 crowd pleasr comp

As 4 the thread title which ever company brings out a good performing sub @ a reasonable price will be the next bandwagon as is the pattern on most forums , 4 those who signed on here late since RE was bought over by US AMPs who jacked up prices by 50% or more thats y alot of ppl dropped them off their list.....

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 494
yeah i gotta agree on the type r's with rovin i bought some for my work van and D2mn sound so good and hard i almost went with cvr's lol good thing i dint cause they suck. I never liked alpine subs but after hearing these i like em best sql sub for the buck

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1354
I would love to hear what Glass can remember!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us