16v amps

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 252
Hi i was wondering how can u power ur amps at 16v. Do i have to connect another kind of batteries in the trunk or what? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2953
isolated electrical system just for the 16V batteries. or just a bank and a battery charger, obviously this one is just for spl setups where you can't have the car on.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11622
16 volts would require a high output alternator and externally adjustable voltage ragulator, along with, most likely, 16V dragracing batteries.
You'd also need amplifiers with unregulated or very loosely regulated power supplies to take any advantage of such a charging system.
Also, 16V will damage many electrical or electronic components in a car, so you're much better off just using a 12V battery and an alternator that supplies 14.4VDC above idle, like most people do.

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 254
I think u r right, i just wanted to put out the maximun amount of power from my Orion amps. I guess i'll just add another kinetic batteries to help them.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3564
lol, nice way to break it down GW... :-)

If someone does 16v daily, its completly isolated charging system from the cars standard 12v electronics... and It will have to be externally regulated above 16v-18v to charge the 16v batteries been used. The easier way is to just use the 12-15 system.. they get loud too... and what ORION amps you are giving 16v? cause the Orion 05 amps cant turn on over 15.8 unless modified..

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 255
Im talkin about the Orion 2500D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us