Isaac W.'s Install / Car (finally!)

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1311
Finally got the pics I have been promising for like a week. Enjoy!

BTW, any constructrive criticism is welcome! :P

Pics of my car. I painted the brake calipers and drums, I think it looks pretty good. Got the graphic on the side custom made by a friend of mine that works at a sign shop, I might be adding more to it soon. I might be adding a spoiler soon also!

Upload
Upload
Upload

My Eclipse 12" Ti and Xtant A6001T. The amp puts out about 750 wrms, perfect for the Ti. OFCOURSE I cannnot forget the brand new custom box I just got! 1.65 cuft NET, tuned to 36 hz, built like a rock! Curtesy of Marshall White. :-) Love it buddy!

Upload
Upload

Backside of the box and my JBL 2 channel amp that powers the rear JL coaxs. The amp is rated for 75x2 @ 4 ohms. Seems to give the JL's plenty of power and it sounds great! Kinda messy I know, but you can't even see it from the front, but I'll spruce it up sometime.

Upload
Upload

The cockpit! The HU is an Alpine CDA-9813. I think that Glasswolf had this exact same HU, so it's gotta be good! lol Plus it is like 3-4 years old, back when Alpine was makign their REALLY good quality units. I am happy with it. Plus I got it for only 150 bucks!

Upload

Nightime! Pretty bad pic but you can barely see the red glow from under the seats, the shifter knob is pretty bright though.

Upload

That's all. Hope you guys like it, I am happy with it! I guess thats all that counts! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2469
hey u know that the ti can take 1500 rms right they rate them per coil so its 2 coils 1500 watts alot of people dont know that though. But i bet it still sounds nice and great install i love the box lol

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 718
eeekk Marshall.. box is rough :P .. nah box is great and so is the setup :-) .. all ya need now isaac is some carpet

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1312
Thanks charlie and Kevin. Actually charlie they are rated 750 wmrs. They do not rate per coil. However they can take much more than 750 wrms. I am going to be getting a Xtant x1001 soon hopefully and give that Ti a good 1000 watts. MMM... can't wait.

Kevin: Actually for the box not being caprted it sis very nice. Marshall routered the edges so they are round and smooth. It looks real nice in person. My camera kinda sucks so all the pics really aren't giving justice to anything! lol :-)

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 720
get some self etching primer and paint it :-) .... as for the camera.. well. I'm looking for a cheap decent DVR .. posted some in another topic but i know nothing about recorders lol

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 229
I like it. Are you gonna lower your car?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5553
its about time you posted some pics isaac. nice setup. that thing looks like it just screams good sq.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2475
i have heard that many times and someone had a email form the tech from eclipse and they said it themselves

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1313
Thanks Jesse, I want to lower it but it costs so much money to! I need to buy front stage components and a 4 channel amp before I drop cash for that. Unless anyone knows a cheap way to lower a car?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1314
Thanks Chad, my goal was SQL all the way!

Charlie, I e-mailed Eclipse and they told me directly that they are reted 750 wmrs and not per coil. They did not even recommend giving it more than 1000 wrms.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 230
You can cut the springs to the height you want it. My brother in law did it to my old civic. I'm not sure how. but it makes it bounce alot.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2479
mhh wh knnows then cause i saw the email maybe they stopped it cause people were havng problems with it idk but they did that time i saw it

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 810
nice set up i like those rims thats pretty much what i want to get. how much did you pick them up for?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3339
Good to see the box made it to ya in one piece. I packed w/ foam all around it, but was still alil scared FedEx would mess it up someway.

I gorilla glued the h3ll out of that box! Predrilled and counter sunk all the screws too. My router bit was really dull though, so i had to go back and hand-sand all the burns off the edges.

Anyways...looks good man. Try hiding those wires alil though, that would make it look 110% better.

How does it sound? I hardly ever get to hear Ti's.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 188
Don't cut your springs down lol.That's one of the worst things to do to your suspension.One reason is your camber will be off so you'll have to replace your tires due to the extra wear from that.Reason two you're gonna blow the top seal on your shock because they will still have the long travel and no spring to save them as your shock will be compressed more at you're "lowered" height.Reason three you might blow out your strut tower(this would be if your shock doesn't blow out first).If you're gonna lower your car do it the right way,it will save you trouble in the long run.Get some lowering springs with the proper rate some adjustable shocks and get yourself an adjustable camber kit.Sorry for the long post...I just didn't want you to make the mistake so many kids do because they want that "lowered" look.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 189
I left a lot out there lol but I could go on forever about it so...I tried to keep it short and sweet lol :-)

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1315
Mat I got them for 650 shipped brand new. That included the mounted tires and balancing. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Hey Marshall! What wires are you talking about the ones going out from the amp or the ones behind the box?

As for how it sounds, AWESOME. I'll admit, I haven't heard a ton of systems, or atleast a lot of good ones, because most systems around here sound like ass! But still, it sounds really good and gets really loud too. I still want to give it more power though, hopefully I will be getting the X1001 soon!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1746
love the car, i got the same one just not nearly as nice, especially like the headlights. but how did you repair the rust in the back, or did yours not start to yet?

hate to get off topic, but marshall, how much you charge for boxes? if you want, email me, landerfield@sbcglobal.net.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 725
Nice Isaac, like the setup and the graphic on the car is sweet.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9089
looks very decent man

my 2c - dont put a spoiler unless u also intend 2 do a full flare kit around coz that will look so offkey

hey i got something in common with marshall in that I too also use a round over router bit on the edges - makes it look more pro & neater

here is a pic of 1 i hav in my pc now
Upload
this box has ALL its internal edges braced with 3/4 x 1.5" mdf pieces . Those white spots r where the filler covers the screw heads so when carpet goes over it ,its smooth & u wont see like dimples ....

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1316
ctmike, I do have some rust starting. The worst spots are on the rear wheel wells right on the bottom corner near the doors. Those little spots are completely rusted through on both sides. I am going to be Bondo-ing them here shortly, as soon as I pick up some factory paint, primer and clear coat. I have a pretty big spot starting on the otherside too that I will be fiberglassing. So althougether like 3 bad spots.

I also have aftermarket "euro" style tail-lights, and catback exhaust. I might take a pic of the back yet.

Thanks JC :-)

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1317
Looks like a nice box Rovin. Do you build a lot fo boxes? Or just for your own subs?

Thanks for the 2c, but what is a "full flair kit"? Is that your way of saying a body kit? I always knew you Trini's were a little goofy... Haha, JK. I have a friend that is Trinidadian and he is REALLY goofy, he cracks me up!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9091
im starting 2 do a few boxes 4 ppl here in T&T

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/266392.html

'ground effects or flair kit' well i guess u all will call it a 'body-kit' then

but here we would call a bodykit like if u change both front/rear fenders , add ground effects , change fr/rear bumpers & add a rear wing spoiler ......Upload

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 231
Robert, yeah it may cause some problems in the long run. I personally didnt have any problems. I had that car for 5 years after the springs were cut and didnt have any suspension problems. I had to change the tires maybe twice in 5 years.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1320
I don't realy want to cut my springs though. If I am going to lower my car I'll do it the right way. :-)

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 234
fa sho. I totally agree to do it the right way. I was just throwing out a cheap idea.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1324
lol thanks buddy!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5983
looks good man:-)

that box is AWESOME.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1327
Thanks muddy! :P

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3340
ctmike, (and anyone else that might want a box)

Hit me w/ an email at marshall_white2004@yahoo.com
tell me what's your vehicle, sub(s), and power. I'll get back you ya w/ a quote. My prices are very reasonable!

Isaac W.,
I was talking about the wires around the JBL amp. Looks great all in all!

If you dont mind, I'm gonna rob one of your pics to put up on my sounddomain page to i can start showing off more of my boxes. I sold a ported box for 2 cvr12's and started on another box this weekend.

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 769
marshall .. build me a snail shell :P

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1328
Yeah, that's totally fine that you use a pic, go for it! I hope your side "business" goes well for ya! :P

^^^ lol SS! GL with that one Marshall!

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 773
:-)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3342
I have never played w/ SS's...IMO, you might as well build a rear loaded horn, lol.

I have been thinking about trying my hand at a Transmission Line though :-)

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 775
well then build me a rear loaded horn :P....

too bad this plan won't fit in my trunk
http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=hd15horn

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1828
Wut up Isaac i just saw this thread now, i like ur box alot, nice setup......BTW i really like ur lil car lol...:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 478
hey marshall i sent you a email for a box..

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1336
lol thanks TJ! What kind of beast do you drive that makes my car "lil"? lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us