Better head unit: Alpine vs. Pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 235
i want the one with the most settings to control my sound. but im not sure which one is better

Alpine:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/series.php?category=AV_HU

Pioneer:
2076_310069882_291159491_tab=B%2C00.html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent ,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069882_2 91159491_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4790
Okay, so your links just link us to their product line, anything specific? I like Pioneer better, they have better prices and a more natural sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
oh ok, sorry about that. the pioneer deh-p780mp or the alpine CDA-9857

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 224
780 will walk all over the Alpine! Also has a lot more control over the sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
ok then, pros and cons between the deh-880prs and the deh-p780mp

Deh-880prs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-DEH-P880PRS-CD-MP3-WMA-PLAYER-AM-FM_W0QQitemZ280 026841441QQihZ018QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

deh-780mp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-DEH-P780MP-Premier-DEH-P7800MP-CD-MP3-BONUS_W0QQ itemZ300026765228QQihZ020QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4791
One is cheaper and has less features? Sorry man, do some more research, there comes a point when you're just being lazy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
i kno that jexx, but i dont really understand what all those features mean. thats why i asked on here. so dont but me in the lazy category

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 220
Ehhh, I looked at both of them and can't find much of a difference. they both have good features such as 5-volt preamp, rotary knob, and such. Also eq is 16band or what not on both. Only thing i saw that was different was that the 880 has dvd control, and the 780 has pc link. So neither has the others ability. Pretty much now it would all be up to you on which one you want.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 226
There real close! but the 780 looks better (IMO). The 880 may sound better, If you've got killer amps and speaks!! If your just running mid end stuff? you wont hear the difference and could save a little and get the 780.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
ok thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1250
ok if you can't see the difference between the 880 and 780 you don't need to be looking at those HU's. They are no way near close to each other Benny! The 880prs is built for total EQ control and balanced sound for a stereo setup. It has a dual(left and right) 16band EQ. It also has auto EQ and auto TA. 780 doesn't have the Auto stuff and doesn't have the dual 16band EQ just 16band. QC where you in live? I live in Charlotte now. i can help you with either unit if you get it but thats alot of HU for you IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2959
basically with the 880 and 780 it comes down to whether you want more flash (780) or more control (880)...

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 241
geez my bad :-). I was like going from window to window looking at each trying to memorize the specs in my head. But I ended up wrong :-D.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1252
LOL...alls it good Mac, just suprised you didn't see the difference. 880 is a crazy deck, I have thought about getting it and still may, just not sure on the graphic EQ over my PEQ on my Eclipse. PLus I'd need to sell my 8454.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
Im from charlotte, but i go to school in raleigh. i have the pioneer deh-p8400mp but it quit workin so i put it in the shop. and i was looking to get a better one if i had to. i was thinkin about getting the 880prs and just havin my brother help me with it, but ive heard a couple people tell me that head unit isnt good. I just want quality sound from my HU when i push my 500/1 and w3's or 1000/1 and sx

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 243
and who were "these" people. Do they own them? They probaly don't like them because of the fact that they don't have high graphics like the 780. I was thinking about the 880prs also, but I wanted a higher volt preamp output and decided to go with a 980mp. Eclipse is also good in that price range your looking at. More so would be a better comparison is like a eclipse vs pioneer imo.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1256
if they don't think the 880 is good than they don't know how to use it. There's alot of guess in my shop that just don't understand how to use it so they talk bad about it.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2984
i've never heard any complaints about the 880 by anyone who knows how to use it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us