O.T. Winter

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1104
Sorry if i double post...my thread dissapeared..If u have aftermarket rims and dont change them in the winter what will happen to them

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 588
Around here the salt will get on em, and if you dont clean em often then they look like sh!t by the time summer comes around.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1105
so it would be alright if u just washed them like once a week in the winter

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 592
well i think thers sumthin bout them crackin if it gets real cold...I aint sure about that tho. How cold does it get where ur at? If it goes from warm in the sun to real cold at night you would hav problems w/ cracking.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1107
well idk the last couple years here in wisconsin it has been warmer than usual...but i dont think it gets real hot in the sun then really cold at night

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 217
ill give u a little advice if u dont mind i work at a tire shop we deal with rims tires and batterys and from my experiance any one who has left there rims on for winter time has ruined them then again i live in ny and they use a really strong salt(or atleast im told that lol)and after winter the rims are pritty much ruined and if ya want to do it all i can say is keep them really clean i would try and wash them 2 times a week but like i said thats just my oppinion

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1329
I am taking my rims off as soon as it snows once. And I'll have to have the stock wheels for the winter... ugghhh... :-(

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1110
i guess i could just change them in the winter..i dont think it would be too hard or time consuming to do that

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 218
they might be ugly but worth while for a bunch of reasons ya know what i mean?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1330
I totally agree Alan, I paid good money for my rims and I want them to be in the best shape they can be. Just the thought of salt getting lodged down in a crevice somewhere... bad bad bad!!

Silver Member

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 219
yea see thats what i was trying to say but didnt get to it,when ya try and clean the rims some of them have so many small wholes or what not to clean and its really hard to get every spot clean and not to mention that the inside of the rim is even harder and tends to be where rock salt sits and starts the corosion process and u know what happens from there because corosion=rims death :-(

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1699
All my cars that have rims worth anything are in the heated garage for the winter...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2533
also more bumps in the roads which equal dings
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us