Help make Component Speaker Decision

BobzZ
Unregistered guest
Hi guys-

I am considering the 2 follwing 6.5 components for my front doors-

Alpine SPS-171A and the Pioneer TS-C1653

I will be running it off of a Alpine 9813 HU (27x4 RMS) I am looking for better bass improvement, what do you think will provide that with running of my HU? ALpine's site suggests that the S componets run great off of a HU, but the Pioneers have a much lower MAX power handling, so I assume that it requires much less power overall...

Suggestions?

Anonymous

The Sensitivity is what you need to look at, that is what will determine how loud the speakers will get and how much power is needed. Both are 90 db, so they're the same. max power ratings are rarely used to their fullest, the RMS is most important, and they both are again the same. I'd go with the type S components, I think they sound better and should you decide to amp them down the road I think they will shine better than the Pioneer's, they are made of better materials. Of course, you need to listen to them to determine which you like, My $.02 is to get the Type S's, though.

kklagge
Unregistered guest
How much do those particular components cost? You can get a lot better than those for less than $200. Try either CDT (at thezeb.com) or Crystal (at infinitecaraudio.com).....of course depth may be an issue as both of the above are deeper than normal installs.

BobzZ
Unregistered guest
online car stereo has them for $138/ALpines and $129 for the Pioneers (free shipping). both retails $200... so they are really good deals

I think I am gonna try the ALpines... hopefully they sound ok with my Alpine HU... otherwise I am gonna have to put $$ into an amp!

Tyler
Unregistered guest
No way the "internal amplifier" actually put out 27W RMS, though it does claim to. Also, speaker quality will be most affected by where they are and where they're pointing. An amplifier WILL make it sound better.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1784
actually tyler, the alpines with Vdrive and a 10AWG line to the battery do put out 27wRMS x 4. 60wx4 max.
They are one of the most power ful head units I've seen.
I have one in my Jeep.
Alpine uses a class-T mosfet amp in the ehad unit as I recall to keep heat to a minimum.
The ehad units also have a built in cooling fan in the back to vent hot air
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us