SQL...

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 372
Tell me if this is a good SQL setup for my friend.

Sub - (1) 12" Fi Q
Amp - Kicker zx1000.1
Components - Boston Acoustics SX60 6.5's
Boston Acoustics S95 6x9's
Comp. Amp - Kicker zx350.4 (mids)
Kicker zx150.2 (tweets)

I chose the Q because I want to hear one for myself lol. From what I've totalled up, that setup is $1600 w/ a 180 amp alt. I'm considering getting her a Optima to replace her stock battery, but I'm not sure on which to choose, yellow or red. I think with some Edead or Dynamat, that's going to be a pretty bad a$5 system. Any opinions or suggestion?

Silver Member

FL.

Post Number: 374
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 69
ive heard good things about the Fi subs but i perfer the BTL.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 344
Skip the S95 and get two sets of 6.5", for the back make or purchase a set of 6x9 adaptor plates.

Components in the front, coaxils in the back.

In my opinion, 6.5" ALWAYS have better SQ than any speaker with an odd shape.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2903
i'm not a big fan of boston's components as of late. might wanna give them a listen before you buy. most common complaints are harsh tweets and lack of mid bass.

for rear fill, 6x9's, 6.5's....won't matter as much as up front.

why do you have amps for tweets and amps for mids btw?? are you gonna run active??

good choice on amps though and should be a good choice in subs from what everyone is saying about Fi Audio.

Silver Member

FL.

Post Number: 377
I've never amped the 6.5"s and tweets seperately, wanted to give it a try. You think I should even switch out the stock 6x9's or no? If not I'll just run the 350.4 on the 6.5"s and tweets. You have any other brands you recommend? Looking to spend $150-200 on components... If I dont switch out the 6x9's, I can upgrade the component amp to the 650.4 :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2907
check out the Crystal CCSC's. $159 on ROE. i got a set sitting here i haven't put in yet, but suppose to be nice. not to mention the price is pretty nice too. if your budget was a little higher, i'd say get some Rainbow SLC's. they are like $230-$250 i think. JL XR's or Alpine Type X's can be had for close to your budget too.

to run a 4 channel amp, 2 channels for tweeters, 2 channels for woofers, it'd require a nice HU with a 3 way crossover built in or a set of comps with a nice crossover with bi-amp/bi-wire inputs. just a thought. neither way is really worth it unless you decide to run active.

rear fill is optional and just depends on whether you like it or not.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2908
Crystal SSCS, sorry

Username: Cgray233

Sterling heights, Mi United States

Post Number: 3
I dont agree with brandon I love bostons I just bought 4 sets of pros and are the best speakers I have ever heard

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 374
My point was he set it up one way, just saying 6.5" will sound better than 6x9. 6x9 will have more mid than a 6.5 :-)

But, no... if you want to save a few bucks skip changing the rear speakers.. you won't notice too much anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us