W3v3 or W6v2...?

Silver Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 165
hey guys, hows it goin? again i'm sorry to do another "which would you choose" thread, but i think i have my sub choice narrowed down to these 2. i had been thinking of the W6 but then a guy at a local store showed me the new W3, and it sounded good. The W3 would save me money on the sub obviously, and some money on my amps, but would there be a big drop-off in getting that instead of the W6? i'm still workin towards the money to get everything, so i want to do it right whenever i buy stuff. If it makes a difference i'm looking for SQ, but wouldn't mind being able to get pretty loud if i wanted it to. I look forward to everyone's input. Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post!

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 836
get the w6 it sounds better and gets alot louder, i mean the w3 sounds good but the w6 sounds better and obviously gets louder. thats what im workin towards right now i just bought my HU and speakers and no doubt in my mind i want the w6v2

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2339
i think the w3 would still get louder jmo

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6548
I preffer the w6

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 303
All of JL stuff is overpriced in IMO. If you want to save money get something else but like i said thats just me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 844
i dont think all of it is. but also who have you herd that has jl equipment that was very unhappy

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2347
i owuld rather have the w6 as well just saying i believe the w3 is louder not sure though but the w6 sounds amazing

Silver Member

Post Number: 847
w3 not louder w6 takes more power

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8877
"w3 not louder w6 takes more power"

just because a sub will take more power does not mean its louder.....

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2364
the w6 is a pur sq sub more power does not alwsy mean louder as chauncey said the w6 is better but louder u never know depends on install boxes and everything cause most people would put a w6 in a sealed box cause sealed=more sq most of the time and w3 would prob be put in a ported which is 3 db's louder than sealed on avg

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4033
anybody who owns a w6v2 will say its better then the w3v3. Its funny because most of these people who actually own 12w6v2's have never heard a w3v3 and just speak on what they are enjoying in there ride.

The new w3v3's are not that far off in SQ from the w6v2's and have the potential to be just as loud if not louder. You will save alot of money and sound just about as nice and get as loud and be more efficiant while doing it and keep your trunk lighter with the weight being less on the w3v3's. I whould go with the w3v3's if your going for a pair of them. Save more money and sound great.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4034
by the way, i have owned 2 10w6v2's and 2 12w6v2's and they are amazing subwoofers but i still whould recommend the new w3v3's to you for your application.

Silver Member

Post Number: 872
but it is a louder woofer it does matter u put a max amount of power on the w3 and a max aount of power on the w6 the w6 wil be louder . everyone acts like the sub is sq only and it doesent get loud at all but it does bump

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2368
thats once again not true joseph im sorry but the w3 as mo put it si just more effiecent and it can be louder i would say they are prob about the same in spl but the w6 sounds better and the w3 can most def get louder if you want it to i have seen people get very loud with them its all about the application

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6552
hey guy's why would JL make a cheaper sub sound as good or get as loud as their more expensive sub? they would'nt it would be a awfull move if they wanted to continue to sell the w6 line. I have heard both subs in many different applications, I hear 4 w3v3 12's today that sounded good. The fact is the w6 is a louder sub and has better SQ(flatter BL) more x-max, xsus,ect......... w6 is a better sub hands down.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2369
im not arguing that the w6 is not good it is i know it has the best sq of any sub out i was just sayig depending ont he application the w3 can be just as loud if not louder than the w6 do to variations in install and it can o both ways but hands down and i never denied it the w6 sounds better

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6554
both in the same enclosure the w6 wins in SPL all day long. I hear what you are saying Charlie lke w6 sealed and w3 in a spl tuned ported enclosure?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2371
ya exactly

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2372
thats why i said earlier most people go sealed with the w6 for sq but people with the w3 just want sql so they would want to port it so it could get as loud as possible

Username: Extremeaudio

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 1
jl is just a name and overrated pretty much is crap when you compare to other better brands

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 2
any one here wants to know what is trully nice gear? instead of jl crap

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2374
what is good then lets hear it

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 5
any diamond audio sub or re subs
especially the diamond d3s would blow the w3 away and the diamond d9s would blow the w7s away in fact diamond smokes anything with the jl name

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6555
thats your prefference bud. You are entitled to that. I happen to disagree. I run a 12w6v2 ported and it sounds just great to me and everyone else who has heard it. Diamond aduio makes nice stuff aswell but to say they will smoke JL thats just rediculious.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 170
seems like someone just started an debate, can't wait to see who says what :-).

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 8
or the re sx would blow the w3 out of the water or the re xxx would smoke the w7

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 9
any good installer such as i would agree with me on diamond instead of crap jl in fact i sell alot more diamond becouse of my car blowing any one with jl away

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 10
any good installer who had have a sence what is good would agree with me infact i sell alot more diamond becouse of how it stomps on any one elses crap of jl and my car has also won many comps

Bronze Member

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 11
in fact i feel any one who likes jl crap feel guilty about paying too much and aren't willing to admit they lost becouse jl does sound nice for a name brand only not i repeat not high end like diamond

Bronze Member

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 12
i guess i allready won this round which i knew i would becouse i am the best installer and sell the best equipment and jl fans are iddiots

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6556
I agree with you that the sx being louder then the w3 but look at the price difference! let's compare applaes to apples here buddy. The REXXX is louder then the w7? I will agree with you but many will not JL has many SPL titles under their belt's. I am just personally not a huge w7 fan but I preffer SQ over SPL so neither of the sub's you mentioned make me smile. I disagree with you again about JL all being crap! I will put my w6v2 up against any diamon audio sub in a SQ comp any day of the week and twice on sunday's.

Bronze Member

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 15
if you say re doesn't have sq you are absolutly wrong again why becouse you are not an installer you do not sell all three brands you only have purchased jl and payed too much for it becouse jl fans are iddiots and can not see that it is overpriced crap made in china now becouse it is mass merchant brand

Silver Member

Post Number: 876
jason c go the f*ck home dude. jl crap i will admit there is better but jl is not crap and diamond aint smokin sh*t buddy, you need your ears checked. (any good installer such as i stfu)

and you dident win nuttin u just sittin next to ur computer and typin 20 posts a minute and none of us got time for that

Silver Member

Post Number: 878
and i might not be an installer but i have someone very close to me that is, and have both diamond and jl side by side and diamond arent bab but jl is clearly better in my eyes that is. now everyone has there own preference but u have no right to come in here and act like your sh*t dont stink and you all of whats best, and you should know that out of all people mr. dealer

Silver Member

Post Number: 879
o my bad you aint no dealer i was so caught up in your bs i made a mistake , your an installer

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3421
a sx is a spl sub or very close to it, while a w6 is one of the best sq subs on the market. so i dont know y you compared a sx you a w6

yes you are payin alot for a name brand, but i have know no one who is not completely happy with their jl products.

i bet you have never installed one thing in ur life, and you just talkin like u know stuff. because "any good installer" will NO DOUGHT agree that jl is not crap, do some research, and find peopl who dontlike their jl products

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3422
and y mention re? comparing that to diamond?

last time i checked, diamond was winnin a whole lot of comps :-)

im just curious to see what brands you think are the best out their for subwofers???... please say

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6560
"you say re doesn't have sq you are absolutly wrong again why becouse you are not an installer you do not sell all three brands you only have purchased jl and payed too much for it becouse jl fans are iddiots and can not see that it is overpriced crap made in china now becouse it is mass merchant brand"

Don't talk trash when you have no idea about anything that I have done! I was a installer at a local audio shop for 4 years before getting my degree and moving on. I have worked with every brand that you have mentioned and I have my own opinions which differ significantly from yours but they are opinion's as are your's. I just agree that many will disagree with yours.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 333
UploadRun Forrest!Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 885
haahaha

jasons a dumb @ss

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2380
okay jason i would like to hear your opinion on brands such as dd but i think jl is overpriced in fact the only one i would pay for is the w6v2 i dont like the w7 but there not bad at all if i had to say so the w6 is number 1 in the world in sq right next to the idmax and have u seen the price of re lately maybe you should look into that cause if i am correct they are just as ridiculous as jl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 888
charlie u gotta hear some focal subs, omg i almost sh*t my pants they sounded soo good.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8915
this whole thread is funny to me....!!!

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8916
oh and btw...the best thing diamond makes are not there subs...(pretty crappy imo) but there amps are great

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2385
ya chauncey to tell you the truth i dont like them either and ya ive always wanted to hear them and there speaks

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8919
diamond speaks have a very very high failure rate...or so ive heard....and there subs are nothing great....better stuff for the money

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
jason doesent seem to relize that eeven though he is such a great installer and works with diamond all the time

haha

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5861
jason runs off at the mouth a LOT. he says things that i would hear out of a 14yr. olds mouth trying to sound cool about car audio.

you NEED to stop comparing SPL subs to SQ subs....that my undereducated annoyance....is ignorant.:-)

RE makes excellent subs...BUT NOT FOR THE PRICE ANYMORE:-)

if had to choose over JL or Diamond....JL in a heartbeat....you can get them online for cheaper than you think...and Diamonds stuff looks tacky to me i just don't like them.

I am still waiting for a response to your ignorant statements about the Adire subs thread....a-booooo!!!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6563
yup I couldnt agree more with you Muddy!

Bronze Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 13
JL OR RE......holla.

Screw the price.

PM me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us