Dual Alt setup questions.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 157
Alright guys. Everything is ordered and I have a few more questions left if anyone can help me, it sure would be appreciated like times infinity. well not infinity but you get the point. anyways to the question.

I'll be running anywhere from 5-7KwRMS of power in my Yukon, which is better for my situation, I won't be pushing all that power all day or most of the time, mainly like 3k to 5k maybe. and on ocasions 7k if it reaches that. A 300amp alt from iraggi with 135amps at idle, or a dual alt setup. For dual, 200amp x 2? or should I do more? And if so, can someone tell me who does this? I need links mainly and companies so I know who to go to. Thanks in advance and happy bumppin..

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1628
that much power, i'd try three alt.'s.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 159
plus I'll have 4 yellow top battery's sorry I didnt add that.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 11
I would do a 2 250 amp alts. I get all my alts from HO Alternators. I did an 03 yukon last christmas, with around 14,000 rms for the street, and did 2 250's and 12 yellow tops, never dropped below 13.7 volts.

Bronze Member

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 12
http://www.hoalternators.com/

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 156
go to Excessive amperage,its just a one man business i do believe, ran by nathan peddicord.he makes great alts. custom built, their website is http://www.excessiveamperage.com/ , the customer service is awesome too, just email nathan peddicord , his email is on the site, and he will answer on monday, im sure he could tell you exactly what you need and set you up, i have one of his alts and have had no problems and he has sold alts to many people on here and ive heard of no problems

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 164
anyone know if hoalts and excessive will have the dual alts setup and ready to install with the brackets? shawn, did hoalts do that for you or did you need to get a bracket yourself? just wondering.

Bronze Member

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 14
for that one we made the bracket ourselves.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
not sure but seriously, if you just email nathan and tell him what you are wanting, such as how many watts you plan on running RMS, he will tell you what you need and what he can do for you

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 169
Yeah I'll do so, I think I already contact hoalts but havent gotten a call or email yet, but I'll check with excessive also. How about iraggi on ebay. Anyone familiar with him? I can just get two 250amps from him and get the bracket myself.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2890
Iraggi makes some good stuff. i have a Iraggi alt in my car, putting one in a friend's car. good stuff.

Ohio Gen has some dual alt kits, but they are prob the most expencive out of the companies listed and will only sell to a store, not an individual...

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 175
for price and quality, who would you go to? I'm sure I can get a store to get me one, no problem. But if its "way" more expensive than the others then I'll have to stick to iraggi or hoalt, and maybe excessive.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 777
id go with iraggi over excessive over hearing peoples problems and warrentee issuses with excessive

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
hmmm i havent heard of any problems???? not that i dont believe you but i sure hope i dont have any issues, who has had problems with them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us