Review on FI Audio

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 649
In another forum that I normally post in someone had picked up a FI Q12 .. here is what he said

"I had an 05 XXX 12 in a 2.0 cu ft box (net) tuned to 32 hz powered by a US Amps USA-2000X. I just took out the XXX 12 and put in the FI Q12. When the box arrived yesterday...the box looks familiar. Warning...these subs aren't packed real well but it did make it in one piece.

Same basket as the XXX 12. Other than the b00b dustcap, looks kind of similar to the XXX. Except that it weighs a hell of a lot less. I don't feel my lower back muscles screaming as I pick up the sub, unlike the XXX 12. Magnet isn't polished, actually looks kind of rough.

Only sucky thing so far is the push terminals. Easier than the torx-lite terminals of the XXX 12 but you can't fit bare 8 ga. Banana plugs fit good but I only had on pair.

Okay, powered it up. All I can say is WOW. Its a noticeably louder. Much stronger across the board. And it still hits quick and hard. In fact, I couldn't really notice an difference in SQ from the XXX 12.

All for $259...shipped."

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 18
Pretty impressive, huh? :-)

Bronze Member

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 19
if you dont mind me asking, what forum was that on?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5818
AWESOME!!!!!
UploadUploadUploadUpload
UploadUploadUpload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5418
BTL 18 with dual 1ohm vc and triple stack magnet is what i want now. they look so impressive. damn.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 652
it was on http://www.splbassx.com/

Bronze Member

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 21
cool, I signed up there.

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 231
i just read a review on the same sub...

it simply said...

"Just powered up a Q12 last night. Think of it as an 05 XXX 12 but better"

Gold Member

Post Number: 5822
hmmmm guys....i am wondering how my 10" DD would stack up to a 12" Q.....anybody have any input???

obviously the cone area is a difference...and so is Xmax....but i wonder...if i put my DD in a low tuned box...would it be louder than say a 10" Q(if they made one) lol...or even the 12???

Gold Member

Post Number: 5823
or perhaps....to make it easier to think about....would a DD 2500 series be louder and sound better than an older XXX of any respective size??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us