Brahma or RE xxx

Username: Mike17362

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
which is louder? what is the sound quality like?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5474
which ones are we talking about here??

the 05 or 06 XXX?

if we are talking about the 05XXX i would take that...depending on how much power you are able to give it. the Brahma does well on 600wRMS...the 05 XXX on 1600wRMS...

if you are talking about the 06 XXX, then that is comparing apples to oranges...b/c the 06 XXX isn't in the same league as the Brahma. it needs over 3 times the power of the Brahma, and i have heard doesn't sound as good as the 05 XXX due to the change in motor topology.

depending on what you want, and how much power you have...will determine what you should get.

SQ - Brahma(~600wRMS)
SQ with lots of power - 05 XXX(~1600wRMS, and can take more b/c they are inefficient)

SPL with high SQ - 06 XXX(~2000wRMS and more, they are underrated)

hope that helps.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6518
agreed

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 2
so you are saying you would get the o5 xxx 15's over the 06 xxx and the brahma? would a 1600watt bx hifonics do well with two 05 xxx 15's

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 3
where could i get the 05 xxx 15's from? how much would the run cause i look at the 06 i think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5476
you will have trouble finding an 05 XXX...they quit making them and then raised the prices of the new XXX to an absolutely stupid level.

the Brahma's get loud...just not on as mant watts b/c they are way more efficient...but i do not think they will get as loud as an 05XX b/c they aren't as high excursion oriented.:-)

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 4
oh ok so if i do find two of those 05 xxx get those instead of the brahmas? or what other sub can i get that is louder than the brahma and gets just as low? i have heared two brahmas in a vented box tuned to 28hz and it was crazy i want something a lil crazier than that

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 74
I would say stay away from the new Brahmas. They are horrible. Sound good when they last longer than 2 sec. We have ahd a 80% failure rate with them and would not recommend anyone purchase one. Also when they blow, have fun getting it reconed. I will never sell Adire again. It makes the business and myself look bad and will not risk it again.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2252
damn thats sad, i remember back in the day when the brahama was one of the top subs.

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 5
i heard the brahmas back in the day like you dustin they was in a vented box tuned to 28 hz and that was very loud and low and im trying to get 2 15's that will be louder and lower than that. kevin or any one else got any suggestions for me?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5511
Kevin, are you talking about the Mk.4 Brahma's?

i havent heard much on those, but the Mk.3's were very bad...i heard from Shaun at ROE(owner) that they look kind of promising this time around. not sure though. thanks for the input!:-)

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 6
im trying to get something very very very loud (spl) and something that will get very low and if the brahmas are not worth it then what sub do i go to then

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 371
ive got a adire brahma mk1 and its friggen amazing!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5756
what are the Mk.1 rated at michael???

or how much to they take to reach full excursion?

thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2448
The Mk1 and 2 are essentially identical. Most of the changes are cosmetic. The Mark II Brahmas have a black nickel finish (rather than the black enamel) supposedly for higher heat transfer. They also have a beveled back plate. This is quoted to assist in reducing weight. Then the magnets are listed as stronger which theoretically allows for increased BL. But like I've maintained, Dan is the king at spitting game.

Both subs are rediculously rated at 1600watts RMS using IEC 268-5. But they would reach full excursion with around 600watts, depending on the enclosure. Regardless, neither would stand 1600watts to save their lives...and I've killed a couple :-) It took half a year to get them reconed. Screw Adire. The subs sound fantastic below 65 Hz, but go with something else if build quality, customer service, and right out integrity are important to you.
I'd go with a Crystal CompX, or for significantly less, the OZ Matrix Elite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2449
And of course the mk1 has the Venezuela style basket vs the newer 12 spoke.
"for significantly greater rigidity at high excursion."
More BS for the avg knuckle head consumer.

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 48
ok i decided to go with the crystal compx. now with this sub will out it out do the brahma cause i heard it will and i heard it gets VERY low and VERY loud is that true?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2450
yop
http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0112cae_subwoofer_comparison_test_2/

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 49
ok so they will now im thinking about getting a 2500.1 viper amp is that ok to use on them?

Bronze Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 81
Yes Muddy, the new line of Adire subs are good for bird baths, door stops, and a dog bowl. We have seen a 80% failure rate. 400 rms from a Diamond amp, fried a Brahma in 2 seconds, no BS either. We do have a few Tumults left, and havn't had problems with them yet. We are letting the Tumults go pretty cheap as well, only thing is, if they do screw up, have fun getting a recone from Adire. It just takes too long. Even when I was a dealer, it took 3 months to get ahold of them. Very bad company. I refuse to carry their products anymore and would recommend staying away from them. If you do want to take a chance with a pair of 12 or 15 inch Tumults, feel free to get in touch with me, BUT PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Kevin

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 50
kevin do you have aim yahoo or msn

Gold Member

Post Number: 5774
LMAO...nice Kevin.

oh and thanks for the info as well mikechec.:-)

Bronze Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 85
I do have yahoo and can be contacted under:
asapstore

The new Stereo Integrity BM's will kill the Brahma, even when working right. The Stereo Integrity MAG would be the big boy though. Also take a look at the Digital Design line. Also for the record, we put a Koda 12 in a 1.0 sealed box with 300 rms. It was ok, not great, and not worth the money. Changed customers Koda out with a Mass Destruction Sidewinder 12, he is VERY pleased and loves it. Exact words, "would never buy another Adire sub."

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 5780
so Mike, you may not need to spend as much as you thought on a sub setup.

but i wonder how the Brahma's your cousin has are able to take 1200wRMS a piece??? lol

so 2 12" BM's and a solid 1500watt amp and you are set.

here i had him setup with 2 CompX2's and at least a 2000-25000wRMS amp.....can anyone say OVERKILL. lolol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5781
or 15's...i forget.lol

Username: Extremeaudio

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 3
any re sub i would go with instead of that brahma crap becouse of the the sound quality and the hit any true professional installer will tell you that in fact look at the motor stucture the tensil leads the magnet the spider the binding posts hell if you cut the subs open one monster voicecoil

Bronze Member
Username: Slickmanarino

Post Number: 24
re all the way but I'd spend a little more and get the mt

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 6
why the me why not the triple x especially if i sold you the subs

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 7
sorry when i can sell you the subs through my shop

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6557
the REXXX and the Brahma used the same motor design man! The difference was efficiency, the Brahma wsa much more efficient with lower power.

Bronze Member

Provo, Ut Usa

Post Number: 16
dude you are not an installer all subs work the same way so yes the brahma is crap compared to the tripple x trust me i now i am the best installer in utah and sell a ton of re subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 5812
that wasn't a pompous statement....come off your high horse man. you won't get far here. lol

as far as the brahma being crap...yes, i agree...the Mk.3 and on are, but the Mk.1 and 2....no, they were works of art with ~600wRMS....and besides that....the XXX wouldn't be anything if it hadn't used the motor DAN WIGGINS BUILT FOR THE BRAHMA!!!!

they both used the same motor...but RE tweaked theirs to take more power and have a greater Xmax....making it very inefficient...time to do some research jason.:-)

Bronze Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 87
BURN!!! hehe. Muddy is right as right gets. Jason, stating you are the best installer means nothing. Selling a ton of RE means nothing. The SI subs would be a better sub to look at. SI isn't going to cost an arm and leg. Here is a decent install we did in a vert. Just remember, installs are like drag racing, there is always someone better.

http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?04redmach1&detail=1&page=2

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1047
is that y like the ROE store and low hz doesnt carry adire products anymore?

Bronze Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 88
Exactly. The products are crap and would not sell them to any customers of mine period. I wish I would have known before hand. ROE followed us as well, didn't want to sell crap to customers.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1051
cause ur site says u carry adire products still...lol..in your banner i think

Bronze Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 92
Ya ya , haha. It is being changed soon.

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 51
LOL so dont go with either adire adire or re right? have any one heard of a sub called massive?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us