Needing Some Advise...

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 246
Currently I have some Pioneer 6x9's that I will be hooking up to an amplifier. Here are the speakers that I have: 2076_310069906_189562741%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/p roduct/details/0,,2076_310069906_189562741,00.html . I will be using a MTX Thunder 4122 on these. Any suggetions on how I should wire this up? This will be my first time wiring an amp to some speakers and I don't want to do it wrong and damage something.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 247
Sorry if that link doesn't work. It didn't work for me so here is the model number of my speakers: TS-A941P

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 240
that amp is 30x2? the speakers smr is 80 I thought...
anyways just wire posative to posative and negative to negative (amp to speaker) on each channel/

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 254
its 75x2 at 4ohm but I forgot what it was at 2ohm. Which rating will my speakers be getting? 4ohm or 2ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2631
yor only going to get it at a 4ohm load, can not bridge that amp to 2ohm load...... 1 speaker per channel.

Bronze Member
Username: Kerryb01

Spartanburg, South carolina Spartanburg

Post Number: 11
are legancy speakers anygood,there are some on ebay and they say 200 watts a piece,the speakers are 5x7 inch,,,any info

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8248
nope^^^kerry...max or peak watts are pointless...only look at rms....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i just bought a pair of pyle 6x8 120 watts rms 240 watts peak,i have not installed them yet ,are they any good,i won them off of ebay,any info,,,

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8273
remember u get what u pay for....also pyle..is aka pyle of sh!t.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well ill see for my self when i get them ,maybe a pyle of crap and maybe not,,but i do know the amplifier that they make are great,i had one until a someone stole it,,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
just to prove one of the members wrong,the pair of pyle speakers that i got will thump,so maybe u need to research ur speakers better,and yes i got what i paid for,grreeeaat"

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2672
Not to put you down, but you must not have heard great spekaers then, Pyle is a very entry level manufacture that makes cheap affordable product, not quality product, but in the end if your happy, that is all that matters....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yes i have heard many great speakers from pioneer,jensen,cera vaga,infinity and more,even thoughti did not know pyle made cheap speakers,these sound okay,not much bass but what 5x7 carry bass?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8445
"pioneer,jensen,cera vaga,infinity"

not 1 of those companies makes any speakers that i would have in my ride...

Also lots of 5x7's have nice bass.??Not sure what u have heard....

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 379
Don't put Pioneer down so easily. Their speakers may be bad for their lows but are great for their highs and are very clear.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 380
And to bring back the originall topic of this thread, Im desiding not to use the MTX and im gonna buy a new amp for them. RMS on each speaker is 80 Watts, 4ohm SVC. Any suggestions? nothing from JL though, too expensive for me :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 78
I am running a Diamond Audio D3400.4 to my speakers

www.diamondaudio.com

You can pick one up on ebay for less than 200$. Diamond makes nice stuff. If you get one of their amps installed from a dealer they have a lifetime warranty. One of the few American companies left that makes audiophile grade stuff.

"not 1 of those companies makes any speakers that i would have in my ride..."

Way to sound like a dick. Those companies aren't that bad. They are entry to middle level products what do you expect? Honestly I think alot of those more expensive companies are somewhat hyped up. Besides you speak with bias, you do competitions and stuff most us just want decent sounding systems that are better than our stock ones. I dont have 800$ sitting around for a pair of morels. My Infinity kappas are just fine.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 381
^^^I hear ya grant. Only time I ever had $800 was when I sold my first car, lol.

would this amp work fine with my 6x9's?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5421.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Yea it would work well. I bought all of my stuff from that same website lol. They have fast shipping and good customer service.

Soundstream is a nice budget amp.

Username: Jmp21

United States

Post Number: 2
hey u guys all kind of sound like pros maybe u can help me out, i found some 6x9 06 mitzu 8 way speakers that boast 1200 a peice, each 6x9 has one woofer one midrange and 6 tweeters, they talk them up to be pretty amazing, all for 50 bucks, which sounds great to me except im replacing a pair of 6x8s? is this gonna be a problem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Anything smaller than a 6X8 speaker can be fitted to the hole.

However a 6X9 is larger than a 6X8. That would be like putting a 4 inch pole in a 3 inch hole. Not going to work.

Not to be a dick but those speakers you found sound unreal. 8 way speakers wtf? I would definitly stay away from those.

There are many better choices. If you install some co-axial speakers it will be easy.

If all you have is 50$ look into some 6X8s here
www.sonicelectronix.com

pioneer or infinitys would be some good budget speakers.

Username: Jmp21

United States

Post Number: 3
Heres the link for those speakers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-06-2400-WATT-8-WAY-DIGITAL-6X9-CAR-STEREO-SPEAKERS_W0QQi temZ330014609787QQihZ014QQcategoryZ14942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
are jbl 6 1\2 door speakers any good saw some on a clearance table at circut city display table for$50.00
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us