I ALSO need help...respond PLEASE!!

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 374
HEY...whats up?
I know you all heard this before, but i just wanna make sure! okay here it goes..
i kind of have my mind on 2 15"s..
kicker-either solobaric L7 or cvx
kind of have my eyes on one 1000 watt amp
Memphis or Fosgate- memphis prd1000.1 can they be bridge? or a rockford fosgate bd1000 and maybe a ported box!! Okay im gonna push the subs with one 1000, then when i get more money im going to get one more!! What do you think?
thanks!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1644
cvx. and if your only getting one amp right now i would just get one sub and get the other when you get the other amp.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 376
Why do you say the cvx? also can the prd be bridge? or the fosgate is better? So should i put it in a ported box or sealed?
thanks

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1645
cvx because the l7 sucks! the cvx will get almost as loud and have better sq, and wont have the same problems as the l7 or l5 have due to it's square design. don't know if either of those amps are bridgeable so someone else will have to help, or you can check thier websites. and i'd go ported with the cvx, or any kicker sub for that matter.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 377
cool..thanks, but the solos have promblems? also do the cvx still get loud when compared to the L7s?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1646
"the cvx will get almost as loud and have better sq"

and yes, from seeing it myself and from what other here have said also, and from being told by several installers i talk to they tend to tear at the corners, even when underpowered. i think that's why you can find factory remanufactured l5's and l7's very easily and cheap online, more so than any other sub/brand.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 378
bump

Bronze Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 70
The Memphis PRD 1000 is there entry level amp but it's still good but you need the MCD1000 1100 at 1ohm of real power. Are you talking about the rockford power series T10001bd the birthsheet for the rockford says just under 1500 watts at 1ohm of real power. There's a dude my brother knows that has that rockford T10001bd pushing 4 kicker comp VR12"400 watts RMS each dual 2ohm there wiried down to a 1 ohm load in the back of a yukon holy sh!t you can't breath you have to get out. Oh by the way they bacisally are bridged all ready.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 379
Yea. I heard that the rockford BD series are very underrated!

Bronze Member
Username: Jmh2004

Post Number: 30
hey quick ques would $450 be a good price for this fosgate amp.. sorry for posting on your thread.. hey your from htwon im from the land of the trill..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
*h-town

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 380
For the bd that i am talking about>? umm..thats normal price. i think you can find cheaper!! What are you going to push?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i was just thinking of re-saleing it to a friend of mine for more $... but i really done knw much about it... it just that i thought i saw this amp for more but if it can be found cheaper i wont really get it... hey where are you getting your box from i was tying to find some one in the area to make a box...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
*selling

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 381
i have no idea!!! everyone says dont buy a prefab ported box. But i dont know anyone here that can build one....so idk!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i already have a set up... i have 2 d3's and a audiobahn a8002v. i was trying to get a ported box... but everyone here overcharges by about $100

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 383
true..true..aey is that fosgate amp for sale?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
yeah it should be... ill give the guy a call during my lunch break at 2pm ... ill tell you about it when i get back..

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 384
alrite do it for me..thanks..umm. do you all know if prefab ported boxes or already tuned?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
hey i checked it out and that dude already sold it... he had told me about a week ago and i told him to hold it for me cause i get paid on thursday...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
i was going to sell it to my friend for $600 because in his opinion rf is the best brand out there.. he has 2 pioneers that they sell at walmart and some soundstorm amp he bought its like a 700x2.. he has his gains al the way up and just because he rattles window thinks his system is better.. he has already blown 2 of those luckly walmart replaced them... but yeah the amp is sold... however there is a guy selling a jl 1000/1 for the same price... http://www.southeasttexas.com/classifieds/detail.cfm?id=138837&classified_code=e lectronics_car&zipcode=&distance=0...
i was told from a guy at a audio shop here that they come tuned to 57hz but for some reason i dont beleive him.. he wanted to charge me 250.00 to build a box and i told him its way too much... and he got mad at me so i asked him how much is a prefab one and how much is it tuned to he told me 125 for the box and said its tuned to 57 so it should be good for me..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us