Whats your opinion about this cd player

Bronze Member
Username: 3rdcoastmexican

Houston, TX US

Post Number: 11
so i wanna buy this clarion in dash reciever but i just wanna know yas opinion about it befor i but it so i can know if i should get it or if im just waisin my time.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7028.html#

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 301
The signal to noise ratio sucks...go with the Pioneer Premier P-680MP and save yourself $30 and get a much better HU at the same time

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 250
Agreed.. also the EQ really sucks :-)

Clarion makes a better head unit, or like kklagge said, go with a Pioneer Premier, only think I recommend is going with the deh-p780mp.. it's more money, but you'll NEVER regret it! Check it out on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 211
clarion sucks at all...you can not even compare to Pioneer Premier P-680MP
go with pioneer!

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 253
Have you ever owned a Clarion? or do you just go around judging brands you know nothing about? :-)

In another thread you claimed Pioneer sucked and Alpine "is # one".

I don't feel like you know a whole lot about audio? I could be wrong, but I've got this gut feeling :-)

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 254
By the way, Wheres da mota, it's all in a matter of opinion as to what brand is good/better/best.

Pioneer Premier has ALOT of great features with an excellent expansion availablity for most of it's head units, so does Clarion, the bad thing with clarion is they aren't built with those features built in... they make expansion packages for their head units, or at least their higher end units. Pioneer Premier builds really nice EQs into their head units. Clarion does not.

You get a crappy EQ and a not-so-great s/n ratio. So you can expect to not have very great sound quality straight out of the box where as with pioneer you can expect it to sound great right out of the box.

Again, it's all a matter of opinion.. I recommend going to some local shops and listening to the Clarion head units, then the Pioneer and all other brands you might be interested and pick one you like, then buy it online :-)

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 213
Twice I got clarion from WIZ(if you remember this store),and twice it was a garbage.Then I got pioneer...no complain..works like a horse.
After that I got Alpine...I am happy with it till today.
Right now I am testing a kenwood with navi.keg and dvd...not bad,but the sound better from Alpine!
People just asking what is good but cheap,that is why I responded...
Yes Alpine the best...but it cost a lot of money!

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1205
Alpine for 06 blows cause its so basic. No crossover, basic EQ, and thats it. Has nice Ipod interface but thats it. Pioneer Premier products rock. 680 is a good better than most deck. I owuld go for that if you want a good amount of control but don't totally understand everything like parametric EQs, TA, and frequency ranges. If you want something a little more, i'd get the 880PRS which is crazy with its dual 13band left and right EQ which is awesome compared to the standard 7band EQ found in other units. It also has auto TA and EQ and really reminds me to the Eclipse 80 series. I personally own the Eclipse 8454 and love it and its hard to beat with its features. New new Eclipse are a little dumbied down so I don't like them. Clarion has some nice high end units so they're not completely junk but I wouldn't get anything but high end Clarion.

Kenwood has some nice HU but the menu's suck and are not user friendly at all which turns me off the them. Even the Excelon units which have very good DSP and EQ bothers me with its menus. But the PNAV6019 has a nice price thats hard to beat.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 256
I love my DEH-P960MP! ..and I like Eclipse as well.. which is why I have 800 worth of their subs in my trunk :-)

Eclipse is "dumbied down" this season because they cut a deal with Circuit City to sell their equipment and Circuit City required that they make their equipment affordable, aside from that they required Eclipse to make a custom line of equipment specificly for sale at Circuit City stores.

Anyways, not much else.. check out all of the units you are interested in LOCALY, then buy the one you like online :-)

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 800
JENIFER CONTRERAS STFU u dont know what ur talkin about alpine blows clarion is a decent Hu and yes pioneer is good along with eclipse but u give a name to clarion they dont deserve and alpine is not the best

go home

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 214
Joseph Kubiak,ha ha,nice shot man but you missed baby!next time pull the trigger ease...

Print this out and read it when next time you go to dump...

Historic companies
Akai, a Japanese audio manufacturer reaching prominence in the '80s.
Acoustic Research, whose AR-3 was widely regarded as the most accurate loudspeaker available
Advent, speakers and other projects by audio pioneer Henry Kloss
Audio Research Corp, Since 1970 to the present, manufacturer of HIGH DEFINITION vacuum tube and solid state audio equipment.
Conrad-Johnson, makers of high-end amplifiers and pre-amplifiers.
Denon, pioneers of high-end consumer and professional audio; now part of D&M Holdings, owner of also Marantz, McIntosh, Boston, Snell.
Dynaco, a Vintage Amplifier and preamplifier manufacturer. The Brand survives today with a different organization.
Kenwood, part of a Japanese conglomerate, manufacturer of high end audio equipment in the late 1970s up to the early 1990s.
Kyocera, a manufacturer of CD players, cassette decks, turntables, receivers.
Linn Products, Scottish manufacturer of the LP12 turntable and audio electronics. Primary mover of the "source first" philosophy.
Marantz, an early electronics manufacturer; now part of D&M Holdings, owner of also Denon, McIntosh, Boston, Snell.
Naim Audio, English manufacturer of audio electronics known for its ability to convey strong sense of pace, rhythm and timing.
New Acoustic Dimension(or NAD), a multi-National high fidelity audio company. Revolutionised the acceptance of high-end audio in the 80s.
Maxell, a manufacturer of high end recording cassette tape media.
Nakamichi, most famous for their high-end audio cassette recorders, continues in some form to the present day as manufacture of lifestyle audio-visual components.
Onkyo, a Japanese audio manufacturer reaching prominence in the 1980s.
ReVox, a 1980s high-end audio company known particularly for its reel-to-reel tape decks; also manufacturer of tuners, receivers, amplifiers, speakers.
Roksan, a British manufacturer of high fidelity audio products for domestic use.
Rotel, a British audio equipment manufacturer targeting the 'budget audiophile' market, part of the Bowers & Wilkins Group.
Sansui, a Japanese audio company reaching prominence in the late 1970s; continues in some form in the present day.
Tandberg, a high-end audio company in electronics, including cassette decks and tuners.
Teac, a manufacturer of high end audio equipment.
Technics, Japanese audio manufacturer reaching prominence in the '80s, subsidiary of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., also owners of the National and Panasonic brands.
Thorens, a historic Swiss manufacturer of phonographs; and more recently, amplifiers.
Yamaha, a Japanese conglomerate and audio and musical instrument manufacturer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 808
ok jenifer im sorry for being a dick to you. alpine Hu's dont blow but however they are not the best, and clarion are not nearly as bad a you are saying they are you just had a bad run with then.that list doesent mean much to me , i do reconize nearly all of the manufacturers and it is nice to know were they all come from but i dont know how that coresponds to this.

once again im sorry, and i hope you except my apolgy

Silver Member

Post Number: 809
sorry babe

Bronze Member
Username: 3rdcoastmexican

Houston, TX US

Post Number: 18
well i dont know about all of ya but i got a color theme for my car and da colors are only black and red so usually ill try to find the best stuff i can get for my car that have either of those two colors. like i have red neons under my black honda civic and i also have red neons in my trunk to go with my 2 15" CVRs, i just have a theme goin u know. i aint tryin to have different colors like ya probably do. i dont want no rainbow theme.

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 222
Joseph Kubiak,no problemo...everyday I fight with somebody...here,outside,on a parking lot,at post office,on a mall...

I am so bad,bad girl...with impulsive character,so that is why I went to the Army.
everything is alright!

Silver Member

Post Number: 823
thats bad @ss a chick wit an AK 47

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 224
Now ,there is a new one AK 103! wow this submachine gun... puto madre...so good!

A new generation of Kalashnikov Assault Rifles designated AK-100 series are available in three chamberings: traditional 7.62 x 39 mm, modern 5.45 x 39 mm and 5.56 x 45 mm NATO calibers
Joseph...you have to try it,go with 7.62!

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 225
Soon I will move to Alaska,there you can go with a gun like that(to hunt a white grizzly).

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 226
the best rifle it Dragunov Sniper:
Characteristics Nominal value
1. Calibre, mm 7.62
2. Number of rilling grooves 4
3. Sighting range, m:
with optical sight
with open sight 1300
4. Muzzle velocity, m/sec 830
5. Killing range, m 3800
6. Mass of rifle
without knife bayonet,
with optical sight,
empty magazine
and cheek plate, kg 4.3
7. Magazine capacity, cartridges 10
8. Length of rifle, mm:
without knife bayonet
with adjoined knife bayonet 1220
9. Mass of cartridge, g 21.8
10. Mass of ordinary bullet with steel core, g 9.6
11. Mass of powder charge, g 3.1
12. Optical sight magnification 4-fold
13. Field of sight vision, degree 6
14. Diameter of pupil, mm 6
15. Eye relief, mm. 68.2
16. Resolution, second 12
17. Length of sight
with eye shield and
advanced blind, mm 375
18. Sight width, mm 70
19. Sight height, mm 132
20. Mass of sight, g 616
21. Mass of sight
with SPTA set and slip cover, g 926

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 228
this is the pics of that babe!
fig1.jpg
nice ah! The base from AK.. I admit better than AlpinE

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1206
get the HU that will best fit your needs. There is no one best HU as each one is suited for different stuff. The F1 is a killer HU but who has an RTA to tune it or needs a 5.1 processor or has a 5.1 setup. Each company has HU's suited for many different applications and wants and needs so there is a huge variety, BUT ATLEAST YOU DIDN'T GO FOR A SONY OR DUAL CAUSE THEN I'd LAugh!!!!!

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 229
SORRY ADMIN,I PROMISE...Im DONE,BUT THE MENS WANNA TO KNOW SOME STUFF LIKE THAT,please dont remove it
Thanks,Jenifer.

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 299
Hey i have a dual! but i got it for free, and i am definatly upgrading soon. HEHE

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 306
If I got a Dual for free I'd sell it to someone who doesn't know a thing about HU's!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 825
that AK 103 is almost as bad @ss as you girl

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 241
no men no! if AK 103 is BAD! then you don't know nothing about this stuff...!

go home

Silver Member

Post Number: 833
bad @ss doesent mean bad babe

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 244
wow,You got sexy voice and hard character...
almost you bro............something!
What are you doing to get sweety life? are you from LA or NY ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 834
niether

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 247
Joseph Kubiak,ok I diged out,so Matka Boska,you got polish roots...I think this will be interesting for ya If you are Kubiak,then click here
Joseph... try!

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 300
I am doing just that i already have a buyer for my dual and he thinks its so sweet, but i am not selling it yet cause i need a HU so...

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
jenifer i have seen that page a few times but i dont know if im related to them. im really not like a polish polish person i dont speak it and nobody in my family does not even great grandmother, i have more italian in me then polish but that is the name i carry. i live in massachusetts. and i dont wanna jack this persons thread anymore then i already have,

Silver Member

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 249
alright,I'm really sorry about bothering you!

Silver Member

Post Number: 839
your not bothering me just we are bothering the person who started this thread
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us