Rattling noise and loose spider...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 111
so i pulled the crossfire xt2 out of the box i just put it in to shorten the wires because i thought they were making the rattling noise out of the port...

well upon further investigation i noticed the spiders glue has came loose halfway around... what glue should i use? gorilla glue?

should i stuff my box with polyfil also? wont it come flying out of my port? thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5396
holy cow....isn't that sub brand new???

if you have a ported box...don't be a n00b and put polyfill in it.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
haha, my friend said he thought people put polyfil in boxes like mine... but ya, the sub is said to be brand new, but it was dropped at 1 foot when he was putting it in his demo vehicle, it cracked the basket on 2 of the 12 legs but when bolted down it is just fine... i paid 60 bucks for the speaker, i dont know how much they retail for but at first when he thought it wasnt the one that was dropped he was asking 200 for it, and he said it was a good deal...

i ended up using the nuts and bolts, works just fine and its quick and easy... i think i like it... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
so what about the spider though...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5423
would try the glue...and if it doesn't work...then get it reconed:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
if it dont work im just going to pull it all out and go for a SQL setup, im mainly just playing with this for now...

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
ok, ive got the spider glued down with gorilla glue... that stuff takes a while to dry but i can tell it will make a solid bond, very good stuff... hope it works well for this but it seems like it will...

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 594
i'd just use a 2 part epoxy.. gorilla glue expands but if you don't use too much and have it clamped well it will be find.. just don't clamp it too tight :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
i cant really clamp it... but the spider lays on the flat part flush, i just put some water, then the glue and moved it all around a little bit and am now just letting it sit... it is already back in the box, just need to put power to it, but i will just let it sit as is in the box and while there isnt any juice going to it over the next week or 2 it should be ready... it looked like it was alredy dry by the time i put it back in the box and it was a nice smooth layer of it all the way around, there shouldnt be anymore expanding in it, i already wiped it all away and it is just chilling now...

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
i gorilla glued the spider back down and it WORKED!

gorilla glue is the shiznit, its not made with real gorillas though... :-(

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 781
ya it is the grind up gorilla bone and boil it thats how you get gorilla glue you dident know that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us