? about stock radio with system

Username: Resin3

Post Number: 3
Hey guys. I have an 06 Monte Carlo and I want to keep the stock radio. I like it and it had all the settings i.e. bass/trebble/middle/etc.. And it overall looks nice. If I get it professionally done can I still use my stock radio in my car and hook up my subs and amp. My friend was saying something about having to remove my 6x9's for some reason, I'm not sure..Any suggestions/help

/discuss

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4710
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-50-Watts-x-4-In-Dash-Car-CD-Player-DEHP4800MP_W0QQit emZ220022488719QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39762QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Get a new head unit.

Otherwise, LOC, line output converter.

It annoys me that people want to keep their crappy stock decks, and don't use the search option :-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4711
Eh, untested.

Check ebay and you'll find a head unit for cheap.

You have to have someone professionally install a LOC?? LOL

How old are you??

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 83
If you want to do an extensive system use the JL CleanSweep, I think you can avoid using the Summing Device. A refutable shop will be able to install and calibrate it correctly and you will get better sound than most (I said MOST, so don't jump down my throat) HU/Amp combos.

Jexx, don't hate integration, it's coming wheter we like it or not.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 264
If you really do want to keep your stock HU then the LOC is the way to go and there's nothing wrong with having it professionally done if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, but it's really not that tough.

In terms of your friend saying you would have to remove the 6x9s it could be a result of having a stock amp or stock speakers with odd ohm loads that can create problems when adding aftermarket equipment. Not sure if the '06 Monte Carlo had an upgraded audio package but that's often the cause of a number of headaches (I had a stock Monsoon system that I had to completely dismantle before I could put together my current setup). Generally however, if you're leaving your stock HU and just adding subs there shouldn't be an issue. He may just be of the opinion that if you're running subs there's no need for rear speakers.

Username: Thugsta1210

Staten Island, Ny United States

Post Number: 3
I have that Pioneer Head unit, its pretty damn good

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4712
Yeah Bob, but this is probably THE most common question on this board. I really dislike laziness.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us