Final Decision

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 61
Ok i just found the sony xplos amp that i thought has been discontinued. Should i get the kicker kx12001.1 or should i get another xplod and power my subs seperately which i have no clue on how to do. Which one of these choices would give me the most poewer? Oh and even if i just get one amp can someone just give me a quick run threw on how i would of powered both amps. Like do they both go to the battery or can i wire them to the other amp. All that sorts of good stuff lol. THANKSSSS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
1200 watts max power
200 watts x 2 RMS into 4 ohms
500 watts x 1 RMS into 4 ohms

Those are the specifications for the sony xplod. After more amp wires and installation itll probally cost teh same amount for the kicker so what should i do. And does anyone know how to bridge these i didnt even know i could, and i doubt the people at circuitcity bridged it for me. Will i get more power if i bridge it?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4576
Get the Kicker.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3258
PLEASE

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
please what Bass?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Why isnt this thing showing my post..... Anyway i said please what Bass?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2045
what subs do you have and of course you should get kicker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
2 s10l7's

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 422
he means please get the kicker because the sony amp sucks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
okie sounds good KICKER IT IS!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2055
yeah hehe

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 395
bassman want to say " what is the h!ll ?

its not fear to compare Crappy sony with powerfull Kicker ..

Thanks ..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
i wasnt comparing them i figured i had one already so i could power two. I rather go with Kicker. But with the extra amp im gonna power it to my speakers if it has the right connections. Some guy from an audio store said i might not be able to. But someone from ecoustics said i will. And i believe the people here because there not trying to sell me their products. Atleast most arent lol.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 527
i have no idea what your even trying to ask.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 399
nooooooo ,

if i got u right ? You can n't wire a mono amplifier to a speakers like 6x9 or anything else ..

its for subwoofers ..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
The sony xplod is a 2 channel 1200 watt amp not mono. And i think my speakers are 6x5.

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
so you want one sony amp to put 500 x 1 @ 4 ohm for your sub, and another identical sony amp to put 200 x 2 @ 4 ohm for your speakers? do i have your situation correct?

in which case, yeah, that would work as long as your sub/s can be wired for a single 4 ohm load, and you ave two 4 ohm speakers.

unless im missing something that your not explaining well

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 400
anyway .. in my opinion stay away from sony .

and try 2 sell yours ..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
ill try to sell that POS. is there any amps cheap and good for speakers. Not really looking to spend much money still saving up for an amp for my subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
two4fifteen... I as of now have one sony xplod powering my subs.. I found another sony xplod and was going to power each sub with each amp. Thats why i made this thread to see which is better two sony ampps powering my subs or one kicker. When I was told kicker is better without a doubt i asked if i could use the amp that i already have powering my subs and use it to power my speakers since im going to have this amp laying around soing nothing when i buy my kicker amp.... I hope that clears everything up lol. Let me know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
and does anyone know how to bridge that sony amp until i get my new amp. I know its possible just dont know how.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 402
its look like u really want help ,,

Listen , what kind of subwoofers and speakers do u have ?

and ur (2)L7's 10" .. what voice coil are they ?

and what is your budget ? then we can give u a good advice .

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 403
ops i mean what VC for subs .. not what kind of sub's ..?

sorry ..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
I basically know what im going to get but its going to take a month. Thats why i wanted to bridge this amp i already have just for the month. Im going with Kx12001.1 Amp from kicker... The pioneer deph680MP Premier. My speakers are factory bose pushed by a factory amp thats in my trunk. My subs are 4 OHms and i dont know what VC is lol. How do you think that set up will sound for me?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2064
VC is voice coil

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
it looks like we're finally moving forward now. first, VC means voice coil. we need to know if your subs are single voice coil, or dual voice coil. this will help us determine whether your subs can be wired to a certain amp properly, to get the full potential out of the amp.

As for bridging your amp, this should not make any difference if your subs are already wired to each channel at their lowest impendence, probably 2 ohm. these leads me to believe your subs are probably dual 4 ohm and are each wired in parallel for a 2 ohm load each. if you were to bridge your amp, it would mean wiring each sub together (since their already wired up for a single 2 ohm load each)in series for a single 4 ohm load that would be connected to your amp bridged. for a VERY basic explanation, bridged just means using only the positive from one channel and only the negative from the second channel, to create one single channel. this single channel would have twice the power than each individual channel, but since you have both subs hooked up to it, they each share half. so its the same again.

this is a very crude explanation, but good for someone who doesnt understand the more technical aspects of amps anyway. remember that most amps are only stable down to 4 ohm bridged. and DONT assume that every 2 or more channel amp can be bridged.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
error, usually the bridged channel has 4 times the output than each individual channel at the same impdence (4 ohm bridged versus 4 ohm for each channel).

the bridged channel has twice the power of each channel at half the impendence (4 ohm bridged versus 2 ohm for each channel)

for this reason, try not to pay TOO much attention to sony's ratings.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1568827/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Those are my subs i have two 4 Ohms..

And as for the bridging of the sony im def going to leave it like it is. Makes sense what you said...

Silver Member

Post Number: 533
those are dual 4 ohm. so yes, my assumption was correct in my previous post. and yes, it shouldn't really make a difference if you bridge it or not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 534
and for your future additions, that kicker amp would be perfect for those subs. but i wouldn't mess with trying to hook up that sony amp to factory bose speakers already amplified by a bose amp. those are always really complicated to deal with. i would only use that sony amp if you decide to buy some components, or other aftermarket speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
OK cool thanks a lot for your help and time!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us