Infinity Kappa's 5x7

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 155
hey everyone i usually dont come to this thread. i usually live in the sub forum. but ill give this a shot. i have 4 infinity kappa component speakers. and the front 2 stopped working one day. so i took it to circuit city where they were installed and the guy told me that i fried the tweater. but the mid stil worked. he said they clicked his meter at 8ohms on one and 4 ohms on anther. and they are 2 ohm speakers. hooked to an alpine v-power 4-chanell 50x4 rms amp. so ther is no way that amp could have blown them is it. but the thing is that the rear ones work still. granted taht the gain on the front was a lil higher. i was unware of this thinking that one gain for one amp i was wrong. but my friend that works at best buy said they would have to have been hooked up wrong. cause taht speaker is 100watts rms. at 2 ohms. so im taking to another circuit city for them to pay for it. cause i didnt buy them thr i bought them from the friend that works at BB. but what do you all think caused this problem?

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
bUMP

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4523
Provided they were giving the amp a 2 ohm load initially, the amp would have been giving them 100w each (the 50w x4 is at 4 ohms I believe). The gain is probably another factor in what caused them to blow. The component speakers can only handle 90w RMS anyway, right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
heres the thing the guy at circuit city said one read 8 and the other read 4 ohms. and the rms is 100 watts on those. so idk. but they gave me some new ones today so im happy. thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us