Installing pioneer in my cadillac

Username: Brewerspowerhitters

Post Number: 1
I am trying to install my DEH-p6400 in my cadillac. When you connect the wires how they are suppose to be it will not work. You need to connect the yellows and reds all togeather for it to turn on. ANyone know what to do?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4106
No, actually. Factory colors are completely different from the colors of an aftermarket unit.

What year is the cadillac? Post in the wiring thread asking for a wiring diagram of the stereo. Ty Mutlow or Mike Lee should help you.

Post Number: 2
I have a 1998 cadillac deville. But the colors and what they say are the same as what I am connecting them to.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4109
Where did you get the diagram?

Silver Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 525
Dennis,if your cadi got oem amp,it sucks...very hard to upgrade,You cannot just remove oem radio and connect with something else,coze the sound going out from stock radio to amp compli.different way! You have to try connect new HU to preamp.out,cut audio RCA cable (one side) and check it out /just one channel/ if it works then do it another one.

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 526
this the schema,check all of them...it's belongs to one hu!
application/x-zip-compressedUpload
cadi.dev.1998 radio with amp.zip (89.0 k)

application/x-zip-compressedUpload
cadi.dev.zip (17.4 k)

Post Number: 3
I do not have an amp in my car. MY friend has had the same problems with that type of pioneer HU. He said he had to connect some wierd combination of wires to get it to work. Have you heard of this before?

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 527
Well Dennis,I just checked schema for your cadi and I see where is the problem!
It's missing constant 12V ,you got only ACC+12V (orange wire).You have to run constant+12V, straight from fuse box.

Post Number: 4
My wire harness has a constant wire on it. How would the stock radio run then? Also do you think running the 12V Constant and the 12V switched togeather would cause a problem? ANd do I run a wire from any of the fuses? Thanks

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 530
Dennis,if you cannot read electric diagrams,go to professional installer.

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 531
I dont'n see wire, constant+12V, which is coming to HU,only orange B+,but it ACC wire.Const.+12V run from fuses to CD changer.
Upload
---------------------------------------------
Upload

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 532
I told you,that cadi is a pain in a..to ...

Post Number: 5
can I just run that wire from any of the fuses?

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 533
Yes,you can run (battery/memory) +12V from,ignition knot,it's very close to HU.

Soon I will post for you this schema...and tell you exactly, which wire to take...~30-40 min...

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 534
ok Dennis,the first schema shows which color+ is going out from battery. It's red one,then after a big fuse(the fuse its hide on that pic) it's can be any color(by this pic it's BLACK).Then , another big fuse and it come out red color straight to ignition lock.(you need D5),(second pic).
Remove the trim panel from steering column,and find red wire/check it with tester,without key have to be power/,now,make good connection/very important:put fuse inline required by HU manual,close to red wire,That is it,you ready to go.Find good wire,wrap it up with plastic cover(you can get it in Walmart,it special pipe to hide el,wires and all el.clamp) connect your new HU.
Dont forget to connect ACC wire.

----------------------------------------

Upload

--------------------------------------

Upload

Post Number: 6
I tryed connecting a wire to my stero fuse and connecting it and it did not work

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 535
Well Dennis,then take your radio close to the battery,connect two power(red and yellow) wires straight + to + and ground wire to - ,if HU does not work,throw to the garbage and say fack you ,fackin pioneer...and go buy something good ,like eclipse or alpine!!!
If you see a lable Made in China,dont even try to connect,throw it away.Upload

Post Number: 7
i did that already, I know it works. I did that any other suggestions

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 537
forget about pioneer,buy alpine or eclipse, stolen one, on e-bay,(i see it alot)it's very cheap and....you know what to do.

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 538
Dennis,you can get this one for 599$

Upload

This Kenwood eXcelon KVT-815DVD is a beauty! It has a built-in AM/FM tuner & single-disc DVD and CD player that also plays DVD-R/RW, CD-R, and CD-RW discs with MP3 files, single DIN-size for in-dash mounting. A grip type, full-function remote control is included. The LCD screen is 7" wide, and it completely retracts into the unit for stealth looks with a fully-automatic motorized mechanism. Maximum power is 50 watts x 4 integrated, and comes with front, rear, and non-fading pre-outs to add amplifiers. Features also include System E`s + Advanced Crossover System, System Q EX Sound Control. The LCD screen features Touchscreen Control and comes with a new graphic user interface, and has a Widescreen (16:9) Aspect Ratio. It has 1 Audio-Video inputs and 1 output. It is SIRIUS satellite ready (optional module KTC-SR902 and SIRIUS subscription required for service). This unit includes the LCD display on the faceplate for use with video screen closed! The unit comes complete in the box with all wires, harnesses, brain unit, in-dash unit, manuals and remote. In addition to the SIRIUS optional module, there are other optional modules you can add like DTS surround, Music Keg, changer, navigation, TV Tuner, etc.

Silver Member

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 539
The brain box will be in trunk,so it's very "izy" to connect,coze all yours fuse box stays under rear seat! think about!
Later,you can get navigation unit,then nice amp with good, two coil sub....wow all girls will be yours,
just kiding .

Username: Naut45

Post Number: 4
PEOPLE IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT DONT GIVE ADVICE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us